“Convenient hotel for downtown”

The L.A. Hotel Downtown
Ranked #32 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed only one night and it was convenient to USC. Room was nice but they were remodeling lobby. Not a big issue and did not cause any problems. W booked last minute and rate was very good with AAA.

Good hotel for an overnight stay if you are doing things in the area.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lex2

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel since March most weeks working. I have been a Hyatt Diamond member for almost 3 years. The hotel was a Marriott moving to a Hyatt. The staff is great, very accommodating, friendly and hard working. Then new management came. The staff is stressed out, I have heard them yelling at each other over the phone and the manager is obviously watching pennies on everything. No more toothpaste, occasional chocolates, sometimes water. I had a towel that was not as nice as what I use on my dog. The next week I had a towel that obviously had not been washed and was new. I had to take another shower to get the new towel dribbles off. One night I waited 45 minutes for a bottle opener. I felt bad for the staff! It is really a shame to see this beautiful hotel with the friendly staff so mismanaged.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank AdobeDog
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I booked the hotel through company travel desk for a business trip. A remodel was in process on the main floor so the staff escorted me to the check in desk on the 2nd floor. My room was clean, quiet and spacious. The bed was very comfortable and the internet was fast. The complimentary breakfast was great--a yogurt/fruit bar, pastry/bread bar, and made to order omelets. The hotel is within walking distance to many downtown buildings --eliminating the need for a cab. We were pleasantly surprised when the Sr. Sales Manager, Marissa Di Domenico offered to escort us to our destination to ensure we found our way through the connecting "bridges" between buildings. That is service!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Booked hotel through Southwest, so I got a decent deal on it. We walked in Friday night to check in and my mom's jaw dropped at how "fancy" it was. Although there was one stain on our room's carpet, everything was very clean and organized. Throughout our stay, we never heard any on-going construction; there were also auditions held at the hotel, and even that noise was kept to a minimum. Staff members were courteous, patient and helpful, especially in hailing taxis. Close to many downtown attractions and not too far from the Metroline.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in august 2013,a hotel refurbishment was going on however everything ran very smoothly without absolutely any disturbance to my stay. The location is good in downtown with lots of restaurants to eat at as well as LA live. The room has been recently renovated so is very nice with a great bathroom. The pool is fine for a quick dip. Overall this is a good place to stay in downtown LA feels safe and has everything you need.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank emilypeters92
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is the former L.A. Marriott property which became the L.A. Hotel and now after a lengthy renovation will become the Hyatt Regency upon completion of the lobby renovation in October, 2013. Located across the street from the L.A. World Trade Center and in the heart of the financial district and in close proximity to our business meeting location.The staff is making up for the construction mess by being completely hospitable. The entire staff goes out of their way to say hello and welcome you at every turn. All the rooms have been renovated. Our room was spacious and modern with a practical work station and a comfortable bed. The only negative was the dining in the evening. The 333 Restaurant was set up in the temporary lobby. The food was prepared as if we had ordered room service. Plastic packets of condiments were served with our sandwiches etc.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Don H
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We are here right now.... We had a junior suite overlooking pool and freeway. Our room is super nice, great bed, clean, large, newly remodeled. Two big flatscreen tv's, free WiFi in the room and throughout the hotel.

The only bad thing was the shower door swings only inward, and I could barely fit inside and sucking in my gut (6-0, 205lbs) could I close the door. Was a bit afraid I would get stuck! Strongly recommend the hotel change this. Not sure if other rooms have this.

But other than that, a fantastic stay in a beautiful hotel. By the way, freeway noise didn't bother is at all. Also, metro train is a few blocks away, which gives you easy access to Hollywood and elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2013