“Not bad great flavors !!”

Mashti Malone's Ice Cream
Ranked #39 of 229 Dessert in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Persian
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Seattle, Washington
“Not bad great flavors !!”
Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

Amazing exotic flavors. Small selection but a famous place worth going to.

Burbank, California
“Very different and very good ice cream!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Very unusual flavors all made fresh daily. Free tastings. Very hard to make a choice, you want them all. Try just the ice cream - they don't need any toppings.

Visited May 2012
Lyon, France
“Excellent ice creams, a must”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

No doubt that Malone owns the ice cream category. He is the authority, period. High quality products, genuine taste, I highly recommend everyone to have an ice cream there - despite the bad-looking store... And very affordable prices.

• Visited May 2012
Calgary, Canada
“unique and delicious ice creams”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I've never tasted a more delicious rose water and herb seed ice cream - though I don't think there is any cream in it. Just refreshing flavors that go well with the sour cherry sauce that is there as well. Reasonably priced, has a little parking and is a tucked away treasure!

• Visited March 2012
Colleyville, Texas
“What a great find in downtown LA!”
Reviewed January 1, 2011

Delightful! We are new to the LA area, and decided that we wanted to stop for ice cream on the way back from Long Beach. We did not know anything about the good ice cream places in LA, so we looked up a "top ten" list on the fly, and came across Mashti Malone's. To tell the truth, we had selected another ice cream place first because it was closer to Long Beach, but detoured to Mashti Malone's when we discovered that the first place was closed.

I was a little afraid of what we would find at Mashti Malone's for two reasons. First, the reviews indicated that the ice cream shop was located in a dicy area. Second, the reviews talked about how the ice cream is made with rosewater, and I don't know what that is. In both cases, my fears were not at all justified. Turns out that rosewater ice cream is DELICIOUS. And maybe it is the fact that we came here from DC, but we did not find the area scary at all.

All that aside, please allow me to rave about the ice cream. My kids had two different varieties of chocolate, and both were as good as I have ever tasted. They tasted like someone had melted a bittersweet chocolate bar and frozen it into ice cream. I had the turkish coffee, and it was wonderful as well (although I may never sleep again). My husband got a sundae with the peanut butter cup ice cream, and remarked on how wonderful the hot fudge was.

The service was also excellent. The woman behind the counter, realizing that my sun is a big fan of rainbow sprinkles, gave him a HUGE scoopful of them. She was wonderful about inviting us to try some of the more exotic flavors (mango, green tea, rosewater, etc.), and was not at all disappointed that the furthest "East" we were willing to go was my turkish coffee.

All in all, Mashti Malone's was a wonderful discovery, and we will definitely be back!

1 Thank BostonSummerGirl