“We loved it and happy we chose Bel-Air!”
Review of Hotel Bel-Air

Hotel Bel-Air
Ranked #1 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Spent Spring Break in Los Angeles. Did a lot of research to try to decide between BHH and HBA. So glad we chose HBA. We were traveling with our two kids ages 13 and 8, a babysitter and our toy poodle. We got room 177 which was perfect for us with two bedrooms, two and half baths and a large living room with pull out couch. Only downside was it had very little light and no views. However it was great to have the square footage and have all of us under one roof. Where do I start? We pulled up and my 8 year old decided to pump the theme of the "Prince of Bel-AIr" from his IPod when we arrived at the valet. They valet were very sweet, laughed and I knew were at the right place. Overall all of the staff was very attentive yet never arrogant. Gwen our tireless Concierge hugged me as she and I had gone back and forth on so many activities. She was superb. Coming from a cold and wet New York the gardens were incredible. Flowers everywhere and we never tired of walking the grounds. The pool was fabulous, good service and no scene. Tolerant of children but not loud either. We ate often at the Wolfgang Puck restaurant as the food was outstanding and the service was also accomodating. Overall the hotel is very elegant, chic and reminds you of Old Hollywood. Also after two days at Unversal Studios and Disneyland we were oh so happy to return to the quiet sanctuary of the Bel-Air. Absolutely perfect. Have the Monroe if you are over 21 and the Peach Smash if under 21.

Room Tip: Get a room with a patio if possible.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank rdkflk
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear rdkflk,

I am pleased your family decided to stay at Hotel Bel-Air on your recent Spring Break in Los Angeles. It is great to hear you enjoyed staying in our Two Bedroom Bel-Air Suite and that our staff provided you with attentive service throughout your stay. I will be sure to pass along your kind note to Gwen, she will be happy she put a special touch on your stay.

Monroe’s Passion is a great recommendation! It is our signature cocktail and pays homage to our former resident, Marilyn Monroe. We truly enjoyed having your family stay with us and hope to see you back this summer!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

My girlfriend and I were looking for something in close proximity to both the coast (Santa Monica, hiking, beaches, etc.), and the more happening areas (Beverly Hills and West Hollywood). We also wanted a hotel that could serve as a sort of sanctuary when we just wanted to kick back and relax. The Hotel Bel-Air was all of that and more.
Tucked away in a beautiful neighborhood, the 12 acre property was precisely what we were looking for. The layout of the hotel invites you to explore the perfectly manicured grounds. The pool was reminiscent of a private club, as opposed to the sceney pools of other hotels (i.e. the beverly hills peninsula).
I can't speak to the experience of others, but the staff was extremely attentive and accommodating. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a Bel-Air Suite. I highly recommend the room; totally decked out technologically, stylish decor, fireplace, private patio, great bathroom. The staff , from the valets to the room service, were polite and engaging. Everyone had thoughtful suggestions for things to do during our stay in LA, and were prompt in attending to our needs.
As someone who is well travelled and used to the high standards of world class hotels, it is rare that I consider returning to a location I've visited, with all there is to see in the world, but I would come back just for this hotel.
I only have one complaint; it was silly of me to only book a three night stay. Next time, I won't make that mistake.

6  Thank David F

Dear David F,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Bel-Air on your recent visit to Los Angeles. The location of the hotel is really one of our greatest attributes – we are right down the street from Beverly Hills but the lush greenery and idyllic setting of the hotel makes you feel as if you could be anywhere in the world.

Wow, it is very nice to hear you would come back to visit Los Angeles just to stay at Hotel Bel-Air! I am sorry to hear you only stayed with us for three nights, we too feel like you should stay with us longer next time! We are looking forward to your return.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

The property is stunning - think acres of fragrant gardens, ponds complete with swans, and low-rise Spanish style accommodation. The service is warm, friendly and efficient. Decor in our room was very chic and luxurious. French doors opened to a sheltered patio. The bathroom was large, beautifully tiled and marbled, and the products amply provided and of good quality. All the room controls such as lighting and heat/a/c were at your fingertips by the bed. Our sofa not only looked good with lots of large cushions, but was super comfy too.

We would definitely return to this property.

Room Tip: Our room was on the other side of the pool so it was nice and quiet. We also got afternoon sun whic...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jane H
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Jane H,

Your description of Hotel Bel-Air is so lovely, thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us in such a personal way.

See you next time!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The renovations have been done thoughtfully, and now combines the
best of the past with cutting edge techs.
Great bar area with outdoor couches and heat lamps and fine restaurant.
Rooms in new section are private, some with plunge pool and outdoor fireplace.
If you are in area for a couple of nights - this is the place.

2  Thank Peter B

Dear Peter B,

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed the renovations! Thank you for recommending our hotel and we hope you will be back to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I'm pretty sure I will go back to this hotel. It's a beautiful property and it has a lovely spa. In terms of decor, it was one of the most thoughtful and nicely decorated rooms I've ever stayed in. The breakfast was amazing. When I had room service, it was fast and again the food was amazing. There were a few things that didn't go perfectly.

The first was check-in. The previous guest didn't check out in time and my room was ready until about 3:30. This does happen but the front desk could have done a better job keeping me informed (I waited about 45 minutes) and didn't seem to be concerned that it way past normal check in time. The other thing that wasn't great was ventilation in the room isn't strong enough to counter when the previous guest uses the fireplace in the room. When I walked in the 1st time, it was so smoky. The smell was so strong that I had to dry clean all the clothes in my suitcase once I got home. Again, I will most likely go back again...but perhaps in Sept when people might not use the fireplace.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank JSPrima
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear JSPrima,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Hotel Bel-Air. I am pleased you enjoyed the spa, room décor and food during your stay. Please contact me directly when you are making your next reservation and I will personally supervise your booking arrangements to ensure extra special recognition is given to you and that you are happy with your accommodation.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bel-Air.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed 3 nights and felt more relaxed than if I had gone somewhere else for a week. A true vacation. Room was spectacular, very large and quiet, with a fireplace. Room service was excellent as was the food. The staff were friendly, not in the least snooty. We were treated with resect, much like the famous guests staying there. Had the opportunity to meet Wolfgang Puck during lunch on our last day. The 90 minute deep tissue massage was heavenly and workout facility was more than adequate. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the hillside area. Very quiet and peaceful.
1  Thank scrow595

Dear scrow595,

When you visit Hotel Bel-Air you often feel as if you could be anywhere in the world! I am pleased you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, including your visit from Chef Wolfgang.

Please come back and visit us again!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

They earn every one of those five stars. My room was beautiful, immaculate,comfortable...faultless. We loved it so much, we ate breakfast on our patio every morning in our robes, rather than leave the property. Room service was perfect and timely every morning. Drinks at the bar were delicious and served by a friendly and knowledgeable bartender. Dinner at Wolfgang Buck restaurant was delicious, and our sommelier was also very knowledgeable and helpful. The walking path around the lake with the swans is so pretty, it's a crime not to stroll around it. The surprising part was how conveniently located it is to everything. I thought the hotel would be more of a hike, but it is really convenient to Beverly Hills, Westwood, and the 405. Last, but certainly not least, a special thank you to Mat, our concierge who went above and beyond. You are a dear. See you next time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank daratillot
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear daratillot,

It sounds like you had a wonderful experience during your stay with us! Hotel Bel-Air is truly an enclave of tranquility, so close yet so far from the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles. It's intimacy and natural setting lend itself to escaping from it all. I will make sure to give a special thanks to Matt, he will be happy he made a difference in your stay.

See you soon!

The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles
The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles
#11 of 355 in Los Angeles
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Central L.A
Magic Castle Hotel
Magic Castle Hotel
#2 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to Hotel Bel-Air? Share your experiences!