Hotel Bel-Air
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$131
$127
  • Pool
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
$560
$629
$579
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$166
$129
$289
$202
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewswolfgang puckthe beverly hills hotella prairie spadorchester collectionswan lakestone canyonpolo loungecanyon suitesheated floorswood burning fireplacebest hotels in the worldsister propertymoment you arriveroom servicefavorite hotelpool staffbeautiful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Nothing better- this is a paradise full of green paths and bubbly fountains. A little pricey but we loved the renovations! Rooms have a flawless decor, staff will go above and beyond for anything you can dream of wanting. They even had toys and a bed for our poodle. Book this hotel!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank TravScott
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear TravScott,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hotel Bel-Air. I am pleased to hear you loved the redesign as much as we do! Thank you for recommending Hotel Bel-Air and we hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our first trip since the remodel of the greatest hotel in the country. We had apprehension but found our fears to be wisked away by a beautiful junior suite next to the iconic pool. Our Welsh Corgi was treated like a queen...homemade bisquits every day and a staff of dog friendly people.
The human side was superb. The newly redone bar/lounge was comfortable with a fabulous pianist and signature cocktails and appetissers that were second to none.
The swan lakae and grounds were as magnificant asw ever and our terrace lunch in a private alacove was as fine as any meal ever. Worth the expenser

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jacob10

Dear jacob10,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hotel Bel-Air. I am happy to hear you loved the new design and enjoyed your stay with us. We think dogs deserve to be treated like royalty at Hotel Bel-Air!

It was great to have you back, we hope it’s not long before we see you and the pup again!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

First review of the property explains a messed up tea reservation that never happened. This time we awaited the hotel reopening to book tea AND a stay. Disappointed on several levels: 1. tea is only offered as a full service on Saturdays. Seriously? 2. luggage took over 30minutes to arrive. 3. Both IT and Engineering departments were in our room in the first 30 minutes as the new hi-tech aircon/heating control by the phone did not work. 4. After 2 hours of them being unable to fix the problem, the hotel decided to move us to #475, but THAT move took over 30 minutes wait, which means our one-night stay involved a LOT of waiting for hotel to rectify things that should have been correct from the start. 5. In our new room, we rang for Housekeeping to light our wood-burning fireplace, but after 30 minutes and nobody had arrived, we canceled the request for assistance and retired to bed. Having just come from lunch at Spago in Beverly Hills, we were a bit dismayed to learn that ALL dining outlets of the hotel feature Wolfgang Puck's food with no claim to fame of a chef of their own, not even a signature "Hotel Bel-Air salad," for instance. We love Wolf's work, but why couldn't just a small part of the hotel serve F&B that is more signature than a chef that appears in take-away at airports all over the USA? LOVED the rainshower but it hardly validated the costly stay for lagging, dysfunctional service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank globaltravelkid
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear globaltravelkid,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hotel Bel-Air. I am most grateful to you for taking the time to outline the shortcomings in your experience, as it is by means of such constructive feedback that we are able to improve the standards of service we offer our guests here at Hotel Bel-Air. I did want to let you know Afternoon Tea is offered on Friday and Saturday at Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air, I do apologize if you were not made aware of this.

With regards to Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air, we do have many signature Hotel Bel-Air dishes on the menu including our signature Tortilla Soup, the Bel-Air Club Sandwich and “HBA” Eggs Benedict. You will also find dishes on the menu that have been on the menu at Hotel Bel-Air for many years, such as the Nancy Reagan Salad.

Once again, please accept my apologies and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bel-Air in the hopefully not too distant future.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Oh, what a wonderful hotel the Bel Air is. Service could not be better. My one complaint: Gorgeous Hollywood Regency Suite #361's proximity to the restaurant can get noisy. Directly across from Suite 361 is The Palm Room, which is used for private functions, this was very disturbing; every time someone entered or exited, the door would slammed and it would resonate in the suite. One could also hear footsteps as people walked by at all hours, in front of the suite.
Really unfortunate because all these disturbances could easily be addressed. The hallway in front should be carpeted, and I'm sure something could be done so that the door to the Palm Room would close quietly.
Otherwise, our stay would have been perfect!!
I'm giving it an 'Excellent' because the staff was magnificent!!!

Room Tip: beware of room #361, gorgeous as it is, it is noisy!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank louisethethird
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear louisethethird,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you think Hotel Bel-Air is such a wonderful hotel, we couldn’t agree more! I do apologize for the noise you experienced during your stay, we have updated your profile so next time you stay with us you will be placed in a quieter location. I also wanted to thank you for your feedback regarding the Palm Room. Because of your comments, we fixed the door immediately so it now closes quietly.

We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I've never seen this hotel before so i can't compare it to the old version and I have been quite a fan of the Beverly Hills Hotel. I was very happy with this property and it would be a hard choice between the two Dorchester properties on my next visit to LA. The arrival gardens makes a great first impression (although I never did see the swans). The premiere canyon suite 269 was gorgeous (i was upgraded thru Andrew Harper)-- i really liked the decorating and the airy feel of the place. I didn't have any issues with the electronics in the rooms and I'm pretty dumb in that area. The terrace with the pool and the view was excellent. The bathroom was large and functional; the bedroom and living room and closets were all primo and I liked the Swiss-based amenities in the bath. The Wolfgang Puck restaurant for dinner and breakfast were both excellent; i really liked the menu, the food quality and service. The spa was fine and the treatment good. The grounds are all lovely on the landscaping and the color and ambiance of the place is very pleasant as you stroll about the property. The only disappointment I felt was in the gym; there are a few free weights and some cardio but not more -- I was expecting a hotel of this sort to have a really good gym and I can't understand why they skipped over this.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 649ic

Dear vanciment,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hotel Bel-Air. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay in the Premier Canyon Suite. It is also great to hear how much you enjoyed Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air and the Spa by La Prairie. I am sorry to hear the gym did not live up to your expectations.

Thank you for staying at Hotel Bel-Air, we look forward to your return!