All reviews wolfgang puck the beverly hills hotel la prairie spa dorchester collection swan lake private patio stone canyon best hotels in the world grounds are beautiful sister property moment you arrive favorite hotel room service pool staff rain shower turn down service beautiful hotel
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I cannot rate this hotel highly enough. We have been here a week and the staff have been so attentive to our every need. Nothing is too much trouble for them. Everything is just perfect, the rooms, gardens, pool, staff, and the food just exquisite. Thank goodness we are staying longer, it will give us more time to try the different dishes. Thank you to EVERYONE for making this a very special holiday

Date of stay: June 2012
1  Thank RBJBBedBerks
HBAManager, Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. I am thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that our staff made such a difference in your stay. I will share your review with them as they will be happy to see their hard work paid off. Thank you for choosing Hotel Bel-Air and we hope to have you back with us again very soon!

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Unexpected and last minute need for a hotel in LA when Oakwood Temporary housing failed to communicate with their property to know that it was not open for move ins on a Sunday, even though we had a confirmation. Stranded, we called a hotel I had stayed at years ago..

A most accommodating and professional staff for a magnificent Property. We were truly pampered with fantastic service by beautiful, knowlegable and caring people. I think there might be a missing bathrobe! Charge me, did not know we took one.

Thank you Oakwood, if it weren't for your mess up, we would not have made it back to the Bel Aire.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hotel Bel-Air. We are sorry to hear you were stranded, but glad we were able to help make the experience less stressful for you. Hope to see you again very soon but hopefully under different circumstances!

All the best,

Reviewed May 22, 2012

This hotel is really something special. Tucked away and out of the hustle and bustle, it feels like a getaway, yet you are only 10 minutes from the action. My husband and I were personally greated at the entrance to the hotel by no less than four people. We were then escorted to our room by one of the managers who checked us in, in our room. There was no queueing to check-in, no standing at a reception counter - just lovely personal and friendly service in our room. He explained all the features of the room too.

The hotel has recently been refurbished and the rooms are beautiful. Ours had a courtyard, and everything is controlled via iPad. One of the staff came to our room and asked if we would like the fire to be lit later that evening. We agreed, and he worked out the best time to come in and do it while we were at dinner, so by the time we were back in the room it would be nice and cosy! The landscaped gardens are gorgeous as well, with ponds, ducks and plenty of places to chill out.

We checked out the gift shop for some last-minute gifts for family. We later decided to buy, so called the shop to see what time they closed as it was late in the day. The assistant offered to add the cost to our bill and deliver the goods to our room (gift-wrapped!) so we didn't have to go back. Absolutely fantastic service.

Enjoyed pre-dinner drinks at the bar with entertaining and expert cocktail-makers, and a lovely dinner in the restaurant - the service was brilliant the whole way through. Everyone was so attentive, friendly and caring.

When we checked out, very early in the morning, the porter was prompt, and by the time we got to reception not five minutes later, our bill was waiting for us.

Overall, the service was impeccable and surrounds lovely. Our only regret was that we had just one night in this outstanding hotel - we would have loved more time to spend by the pool, in the gym and just wandering the grounds. It's a great hotel and we would gladly stay there again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and thoughtful review on Hotel Bel-Air. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations. Our unique location within the Bel-Air Estates is what sets us apart from all of the hotels in Los Angeles and we are pleased that you agree!

Our staff takes pride in their work and we are glad you were able to experience it through our guest service. I will share this with our team as they will be thrilled to see that hard work does not go unnoticed. We hope you will be back to visit us again in the near future, but hopefully the next time it will be for more than one night!

Warm regards,

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Hotel Bel Air is a stunning, a gorgeous property with outstanding service and amenities, on par with the very best hotels in the world.

However, it suffers from one serious and incomprehensible issue.
Even the Premium connection does not allow much more than email, and you may as well get rid of the "complimentary" one as it hardly can load Google (!). Most times, I cannot even load your connection page!

I think it's a major issue that you should solve asap, as in 2012 all professionals (even on vacation) need a reasonably fast internet connection (and are used to fiber optic connection in a hotel like yours)
I honestly never saw a slower connection, in any hotel I've been in for the past 8 years or so. Test show it ranges from 0,1 to 0,8 Mg download...which is way below the cheapest DSL on the market today.
Now all premium hotels are above 10 Mg, and even most cheap hotels.

It's really hard to understand why you would not invest in internet, given the rest of the suite has the latest technologies. And a $2000/night price tag!

Also, property is located in Los Angeles, not on some remote Pacific Island, where you would have to pull a cable from 5,000 miles away.

In my case, I have to check out tomorrow as it's impossible to do any work, while I would have gladly stayed 3 weeks waiting from my new house to be completed.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
12  Thank Fabriceleparc

Thank you for choosing Hotel Bel-Air during your recent visit to Los Angeles. I am concerned to hear of the inconvenience you were caused by the internet during your recent stay.

Unfortunately, we had an issue with our internet carrier which affected a region of Los Angeles where the internet speeds were unusually low. The next day the issue was fixed by our internet provider, but not before you experienced connection issues. This is unfortunate because the internet bandwidth for Hotel Bel-Air is 100MB, surely suitable for anyone wishing to utilize our WiFi connection.

I hope your recent experience will not deter you from considering Hotel Bel-Air on a return visit to Los Angeles and I would be most grateful for any opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel.

Please accept my sincerest apology and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bel-Air.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 17, 2012

Most beautiful and wonderful place- totaly relaxing and attentive staff! When people say the old addage- "you get what you pay for" - this hotel and its people are the very definition. I was suprised at every turn at their level of attentiveness and attention to my well being. When i departed and left personal belongings in the room- they were gathered and forwarded to me in less than 24 hours!! The front desk staff is over the top and couldnt do enough for me. Conceierge is fabulous too...

Room tip: there are newly redecorated rooms that are worth staying in!! but your ocation at the property should dictate as there is such a choice of views and ambiances to experience
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hotel Bel-Air. I have passed along your kind words to our staff as they will appreciate that they made a difference in your stay. We hope to have you back with us again in the near future!

Best regards,