“Tourist area”

$162.00*
The Ultimate Los Angeles Bike Tour
Ranked #104 of 560 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: This funky, eclectic, unique, trend-setting neighborhood includes shops, restaurants and galleries.
Redondo Beach, California
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Tourist area”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Tourist area but still a fun spot for shopping. Drop off the wife or girlfriend and let them have at it. Endless stores and charming boutiques. Best for the guy to find a sports bar though as women's clothes shopping can get pretty boring.

Visited April 2012

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Vera Wang review ONLY”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I would like to know, how does one get a dress that is tailor made for them and then get charged alteration fees??? If it is made for me and I mean tailor made for me had to pay a rush fee of $500 to get it here at the 3 month mark, how can it finally get here and then I get gouged for more money as an "alteration fee" when its tailor made for me!!!!

I left Vera Wang today so frustrated and upset with my decision. I FELT VIOLATED. Yes the dress is beautiful, but would I have gotten it for this price if I knew how much they would tag on as fees, NEVER!!

When I came to this store there was so much politics and lies involved. There were 2 dresses that were in the running and I really had a hard time deciding between the 2, when I decided on the more expensive dress they told me "oh we've already put the order in for the other one so why don't you leave all your credit card information and we'll let you know Monday which dress the factory is going to make". Right, so I'm supposed to believe that you have an opportunity to make the more expensive dress and charge me more and you're not going to take it?

SUCH A SCAM. I already had had enough and then today to get told I need to pay $1200 in alterations when I've already paid $500 and the dress is TAILOR MADE FOR ME.

I want every bride to know how ridiculous this institution is.

I was approached by Tara who is their manager, who decided to talk to be about my previous review.

Apparently these are not made to order dresses. When they ordered the dress they ordered a size 8 which I was shocked at because I have a large bust. I thought they were going to order a size 12 and shrink the rest of the dress down to fit. But they ordered a 8 and had to increase the bust size and charge me $600. I was told by Tara that the length of the bust to bellybutton doesn't matter between a size 6 or 12 and so it would have had the same problem if it was a size 12, which is a lie. That's not possible, a larger size dress has more fabric period.

This is why my bikini top is a size 10-14, when my bikini bottom is a 4 or 6, the larger top size has more fabric. A size 14 dress has more fabric than size 4, and not only that its longer so I didn't agree with her notions that they are the same.

On to my point, Vera wang dresses are not made to order, you are approximated by a size chart and then it comes in and a tailor adjusts it. So its not couture. I was told by Tara that couture usually costs more, which i wouldn't know, all I know is that if you're going to sell something and make the customer perceive something that it is not, that is a deceitful and unethical practice.

My dress price increased %20 from its original price tag, due to alterations, because basically they ordered a size that was so small for my chest, the bust had to be enlarged and because of my height, I am told I can only wear a 4 inch heel. I cannot accept paying that much money to be told I cannot wear higher than a 4 inch heel. Furthermore, if this was a made to order dress like they make everyone think, I would have not had these limitations and problems.

So that's the deal, the dresses are beautiful but what you walk out paying is much more than you think, and you are made to believe each dress is for you, which its not really.

I would love to share the final price tag of this dress but I will not because honestly feel so stupid that I bought a dress I will wear once for 6 hours and I paid this much. :(

Visited June 2012
6 Thank em m
Studio City CA
15 attraction reviews
“Unique shopping experience”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Used to travel here just to shop on Melrose back in the day. Some of that charm is still left.

Los Angeles
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Charmless and tawdry”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Run down, seedy and without enough character to be fun, Melrose Avenue is a raggedy collection of shops, dirty sidewalks and pseudo-hipster ambience; not much of the real thing and very little fun.

2 Thank sbs74
Orlando, FL
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Fun! Love the fashions!”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Went here twice during my trip to LA, really enjoyed it. The prices really vary, I got an awesome sweater for $24 a bracelet for $8 and then spent $200 on a pair of boots. Had a lot of fun looking at Goth shops, window displays, artwork and fashions, if I lived here I would shop here all the time!

Visited December 2011