3 people have started booking this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
JW Marriott$259
Expedia.com$259
Hotels.com$259
Priceline$259
eDreams$259
travelup.com$309
2,644 results
All reviews staples center convention center downtown la the ritz grammy museum the executive lounge lakers game room service attending a conference rooftop pool valet parking lobby bar corner room per day housekeeping staff hollywood sign concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed August 2, 2019 via mobile

Recently built and designed hotel but with a look and feel of an old 1960s motel. The corridors are long and the ceiling is so low you can touch the light fixtures. Completely weird. And color scheme in rooms is a pale, replace-me kind of yellowish with some orange touches.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank ThomMorgan1
KellenA79, Front Office Manager at JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2019

Good afternoon ThomMorgan1,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Downtown Los Angeles! We apologize for your experience with the décor and color scheme of the property. Hopefully the service provided created a comfortable stay. Please feel free to reach out to us on property if your travels bring you back to Los Angeles so we can ensure a memorable stay.

Thank you again for your feedback and business.

Reviewed July 28, 2019 via mobile

This was the end of our Anniversary week. Great location. No need for a car. Plenty of restaurants. Pantry, Queen of crab legs (even though we couldn’t get in twice) Ralph’s are all walking distance.

Staple Center, Microsoft theatre, and Wolf gang pick in the backyard. Congo room too.

Saturday they had a DJ in the afternoon until evening. Suggest you get there early if you want to lounge by the pool. Plenty of places to sit, but if your trying to get by the pool it is limited seating.

Rooms were very spacious. Everyone who worked there was nice. Parking is $50 a night. Scooters available everywhere.

A all around good time.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank markmayfieldii
Reviewed July 24, 2019 via mobile

As you guys know, big Marriott guy here. To say I was a little disappointed with this JW is really an accurate statement. Room was only fair, amenities were fair, bar scene very good did not try any of the restaurants, conference space pretty good but the little things I think about for a JW just weren’t there.

No minibar in the room not that that really matters. No snacks no drinks no anything like that. Just in general for a $300 to $400 a night room you kind a think you’re going to have more luxury.

Not that I really care about luxury but that’s the general vibe you get when you’re paying that much money. I was here for a conference which was based in the hotel so paying that much was just part of the deal.

Excellent location of course lots of great stuff around DAMA restaurant which is five minutes away is one of the very best I’ve ever eaten at.

So I guess I just expect a bit more from a JW, maybe just me....

Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank RFAD
JWMarriottLALIVE, Sr. Administrative Assistant to the Hotel Manager at JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2019

Dear RFAD,

I appreciate that you took time to detail many aspects of your stay. This feedback will be helpful as we continually work towards providing the very best luxury experience to our guests. We have exciting things coming in the future as we are always striving for a more positive experience at our property for our guests.

Should you return to Los Angeles, I do hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence.

Crystal Peterson
Direct: +1 213.765.8666
Fax: +1 213.765.8601
crystal.peterson@marriott.com

Reviewed July 22, 2019 via mobile

Big, loud, and busy. Not what I expected from a JW Marriott. Rooms are adequate and well sized. I chose this hotel solely for the fact the conference I was attending was in their conference center. I would not come back here unless the same occurred again. All employees have been very friendly and willing to help.

2  Thank MaryEllenC_12

Dear MaryEllenC_12,

We value your feedback as it helps us learn from our errors and prevent future re-occurrences. We hope you to have the opportunity to welcome you back and show this experience was not the norm in regards to the noise you experienced during your stay.

Crystal Peterson
Direct: +1 213.765.8666
Fax: +1 213.765.8601
crystal.peterson@marriott.com

Reviewed July 18, 2019 via mobile

Beautiful 5 star hotel right next door to Staples Center, LA Live and Microsoft theater. Personnel are awesome. Lobby atrium is gorgeous. All the celebrities at espy awards are here and at neighboring Ritz Carlton

Trip type: Traveled solo