4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
JW Marriott$259
Expedia.com$259
Hotels.com$259
Priceline$259
eDreams$259
travelup.com$309
2,644 results
All reviews staples center convention center downtown la the ritz grammy museum the executive lounge lakers game room service attending a conference rooftop pool valet parking lobby bar corner room per day housekeeping staff hollywood sign concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed July 14, 2019

This hotel was odd, not a usual JW Marriott. The room felt very average in finishings - also there were a couple spots on the sheets and a close look revealed some dirt in the nook and crannies. Lots of empty room service left in the hallways for hours.

Weird vibes at the pool around 7pm...loiterers using the cabanas, etc.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank takkt
JWMarriottLALIVE, Sr. Administrative Assistant to the Hotel Manager at JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2019

Dear takkt,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Your notice of these things only helps us improve our guest areas and I am sorry to hear the service you received was substandard. Service is a core focus of the Marriott brand, and is certainly something we strive to provide in a manner that exceeds expectations. We are constantly working with staff on their service levels, and we look forward to welcoming you back and demonstrating a much better customer service experience.

Crystal Peterson
Direct: +1 213.765.8666
Fax: +1 213.765.8601
crystal.peterson@marriott.com

Reviewed July 8, 2019

I made reservations for a Suite room back in September of 2018, same day I purchased Sean Mendes tickets (who was going to be playing July 5, 2019 at the Staples center) to give to our daughters as a Christmas gift. We've stayed at this Marriott before and chose it because of its location to the Staples center. When we arrived to check in, the front desk person asked us to wait for a minute then a manager approached to tell us that they had no rooms available at the hotel and was going to put us up in a hotel that was 4 blocks away. I told him that I've made this reservation way in advance and chose this location because we didn't want to have to drive in downtown LA and we liked the hotel. We were only staying the one night for the concert. I told him that we didn't want to stay 4 blocks at a hotel that I didn't even know or researched. He told us at first that they had a few rooms that were out of service and that was the reason why we didn't have a room. I told him we would take any room available, even if it wasn't a suite. We just wanted to stay in that hotel. He told us pretty much that we were out of luck. I asked if he could call the Ritz Carlton next door. His response was "they're sold out as well" without even trying to call or remedy the situation. I then asked him,"so are you telling me there are no available rooms, so that if someone was to check in after me they wouldn't have a room either?". He said yes!...Well, I have video of 2 families that came after us and were given rooms. When I went back and asked the manager why they got rooms and not us, he continued to say "I'm no longer going to discuss this with you and go around and around with this conversation". I said, "2 families just checked in after us and were given keys, I just want an explanation of why we were singled out, you at least owe us an explanation?". He basically shrugged his shoulders and refused to give me an answer. Is this something that hotels are getting away with now? Similar to how airlines are overbooking flights and just expect passengers to be ok with that? Is this even legal to do? I held my end of the contract, I showed up! I'm sure if I did not show up, the hotel would've charged my card, right? Then I would expect the same courtesy back from Marriott that when I make a reservation over 9 months in advance that they would hold and reserve my room and especially not put me up in a hotel that was 4 blocks away. Manager said we can walk to staples center from that hotel. But some of the surrounding area isn't the best. Just because they offered to pay for the room doesn't excuse this type of behavior. I can pay my own room!! After arguing that we didn't want to deal with driving the downtown traffic, they gave us taxi vouchers which were not popular. First of all, the taxi drivers frowned on the vouchers. One driver mentioned that sometimes the Marriott refused to pay them for it or they have a hard time collecting their money from Marriott. Then when we took another taxi for the concert, the taxi driver didn't know what it was and didn't seem to understand how it was used. Then he seemed to be mad at us for giving it to him at the beginning of our ride. This driver also had tremendous road rage. Even got into an argument with another driver on our way there. Few times we were nearly in an accident. I was so concerned for my families safety and my daughters were traumatized. We ended up being late for the concert because of the Staples traffic (whole reason why we wanted to stay at the Marriott in the first place, to avoid all this). We ended up getting out of this taxi 2 blocks from the Staples center and walked. Not to mention we ended up spending money on tipping the taxi drivers as well. Marriott, I've been a member almost 30 years. Have always been happy with your hotel but this time, you dropped the ball. So disappointed!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank hometw
JWMarriottLALIVE, Sr. Administrative Assistant to the Hotel Manager at JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2019

Dear hometw,

Thank you for your candid and constructive review. I truly apologize for the situation that occurred and will be following up with the appropriate department. We greatly value your insight and have taken the opportunity to share your comments with our team in order to improve our service and booking.

Crystal Peterson
Direct: +1 213.765.8666
Fax: +1 213.765.8601
crystal.peterson@marriott.com

Reviewed July 3, 2019

WOW! Came here for a quick overnight trip in the city and wished I could have stayed all weekend. We got upgraded to a junior suite and the room was impeccable. So spacious, loved the design, very modern and a great view! The front desk staff was very helpful, the lobby bar was great. Stopped by on the way out and enjoyed a drink with live Jazz music and came back that evening for a late night snack, the food and service were great. Overall this hotel is in a great location, very clean and very modern. Would love to return and stay longer next time.

Room tip: Try to get a junior suite
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
21  Thank luxlifetv
Reviewed July 3, 2019

Easy drive, using GPS, to get to from LAX. Concierge staff friendly and understanding (especially when I entered the wrong way). Valet parking somewhat expensive, as with most American hotels. Welcome was genuine and helpful. We were upgraded to allow us to access the member facilities. Room was large with wide views over downtown LA and with an ample bathroom. The bed was typically Marriott - very comfortable!. Unfortunately the food options in the location were not o our liking, so we went to the hotel restaurant Nest and enjoyed some particularly delicious dumplings, along with good service and interaction with staff. All the staff were very helpful an obliging.
One thing that shocked us in the club room for breakfast and evening drinks, and this was emulated in other hotels in America over a 5.5 week tour, was the incredible use of plastic in cutlery (which could not cut anything) plastic cups for juice, lack of china for coffee/tea, or food- not very good for a significantly ranked hotel. One understands we are in a disposable society, but really where is the sophistication in the premium area. We were also shocked at the number of items removed in boxes from the breakfast selection - to be or not to be eaten. We also noted how selfish people were to take food and not eat it. A message "please enjoy whatever you want, but please only take what you need!" we found on a boat cruise in Vietnam may be applicable throughout America.
Overall five nights here in LA was great at the Marriott, but perhaps we would have chosen a Marriott close to Beverley Hills (note a recent enquiry included breakfast)

Room tip: Smile, be friendly, ask and be a Marriott BonVoy member (loyalty has its reward)
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank WillJune
Reviewed July 2, 2019

Fantastic location. There is a grocery store 1 block away, a food truck line up across the street and many venues for sports and concerts.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom on the with a view of Staples center and the pool below. The only downside was the LED monitor that covers the entire side of the neighboring building. Even with the blackout curtains light came through.

Pool area is mostly shaded in the afternoon.

Room tip: Pool side rooms get a lot of light at night even with the drapes fully closed.
Date of stay: June 2019