Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
JW Marriott$259
Expedia.com$259
Hotels.com$259
Priceline$259
eDreams$259
travelup.com$309
2,644 results
All reviews staples center convention center downtown la the ritz grammy museum the executive lounge lakers game room service attending a conference rooftop pool valet parking lobby bar corner room per day housekeeping staff hollywood sign concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

I dumpy love this place for their hospitality. They were exceptional hosts and very gracious about making sure we were satisfied with our visit. I would definitely return fir personal visit next time. Enjoyed myself

Date of stay: September 2016
Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

Many brands of hotels attempt to distinguish themselves with various levels of brands under a corporate umbrella that represent different price points or levels of luxury. Up until this visit, I found that to be true of Marriott: While Ritz is at the top, JW was always distinctly nicer than a regular "Marriott". This is an ok hotel near the convention center priced like a JW but with none of the amenities. Rooms were tired and furniture was worn. Safe did not work and not fixed as requested. The shower light was always on and could not be turned off. On check in, nothing about the hotel was explained-i.e. Internet, health club, etc. my company booked a corner suite with was really just a long room. I really like the brand but could not recommend this site for the price. Overall a disappointing stay.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Jane C, Sr. Administrative Assistant at JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2016

Good day Huntingtongalpal! I'm disappointed to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. Our hotel will be undergoing a renovation soon so I hope you will be able to come visit us when we have updated our furnishings. I hope you had a lovely weekend. Thank you!

Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for the NALC National Convention and enjoyed the property very much. It was an easy walk to the Convention Center with lots of venues at the LA Live Concourse nearby. The hotel itself had a number of nice venues.

The room was spacious and nicely laid out but the bathroom was the jewel with a huge walk in glass shower. Modern dual flush commode and a night light that sensed your after hours trip.

Lots of connections for cell phones and computer charging both near the bed and work station.

Nice armoire for hanging garments and additional drawer space within. The was also a chest of drawers for unpacking your clothes.

Coffee service in a handsome wooden box with a biscotti was very nice.

My nearest exit to the Convention Center was through the attached Ritz Carlton so I almost never had to open a door for myself.

I forgot to pack a pair of slacks from the armoire drawer and emailed the staff. Marlene Gomez responded by calling me, retrieving my slacks and sending them to me neatly packed which I appreciated very much.

I enjoyed my stay very much and would return if the opportunity called for it again.

Reviewed September 4, 2016

Came to the JW at LA Live in DTLA on business and was upgraded (through rewards status) to one of their Presidential Suites, and I must say, the room was quite impressive (my photos do it little justice, though you can get some appreciation for the room). Actually, it was quite huge for a single traveler, but I took full advantage of the massive apartment; robes, bath salts, and both sitting rooms with televisions were fully utilized. The marble used throughout was impressive as well.

As always, the JW doesn't fail to impress, and as a life-long visitor to this leisure institution since I was a kid (as well as their sister branch, the Ritz-Carlton), I enjoy calling it home-away-from-home.

5 beautiful stahz, dahling.

Room tip: Of course it's best to use points/status, so getting either the Marriott or Ritz-Carlton branded credit cards is very helpful
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

Everything about my stay was great except the elevators. I totally understand about the need to require key cards to access guest floors, but the cards failed to work constantly. On many occasions people without keys rode up to guest floors, including some totally drugged out folks who followed me to my floor in the middle of the day. The card situation was particularly awful when boarding elevator from conference floor (3). Had to ride all the way up to 14 and was sent back to lobby where finally my key worked in order to select 21. Overall, the key cards are an annoyance and provide zero actual security. Would have preferred to not have this negative experience tarnish an otherwise outstanding stay.