“L.A. Glamour”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle
“L.A. Glamour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

I get to stay here when the college basketball team I work with travels to L.A., and I look forward to it every time. I always get a spacious, beautiful room with an amazing view, and the property still has that "brand new" feel to it. Service is very helpful, and there are so many high-end lounges/bars to eat and drink at (if I had the money). Pool is medium-size with a bar and lots of tents/chairs/beds to lounge in. Rooms are quiet, sleep quality is excellent, overall just a luxurious place. Free wi-fi would have earned it another point.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

Stayed for a fitness convention. Room was clean and in working order. Staff was VERY HELPFUL. Close to LA Live and activities held there including frequent filming of television programming. NCIS LA was filming during the two days I stayed and it gives you a look behind the camera, not to mention star gazing. I'd stay again for sure.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Sgoudeseun
Point Richmond, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

Just stayed two nights at the JW Marriott LA Live and enjoyed the well appointed, immaculate and completely quiet room. It's a perfect location for access to the convention center but, of course, relatively far from the the beach communities and tourist attractions. For that, there are more centrally located and less costly hotels (though still with four star qualities). Not unlike NYC and perhaps moreso, the key to lodging in LA is to center on the most convenient location to accommodate your plans.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank FlatbushFlyer
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

I stayed here for a week while working in LA. I was working on an event being held in the hotel itself, so I spent almost all of my time inside the hotel, only going out into the surrounding area for a couple of meals and some basics (water, snacks).

The hotel is enormous, and attached to the convention centre. Brand new, and impeccably clean, the hotel staff was friendly and always ready to help. Room service and food service staff were a pleasure to chat with, and always professional. The business centre was also very helpful with friendly and helpful staff.

The rooms are nicely furnished, contemporary-feeling, with large walk-in shower (no tub), with some nice toiletries. Housekeeping was great and respectful of my things. I ordered room service on several nights when I worked very late, the portions are quite large, always thoughtfully plated, made me feel taken care of after some very long days.

You have climate control in each room, and a large armchair and couch, tv with lots of clothes storage space (wardrobe and large dressers). My favourite part of the furnishings was the desk/table on small wheels that you could drag to wherever you needed it in your room. When I'd finally get to my room at night, I could order room service, pull the desk to the side of the bed, and eat in bed comfortably, while watching some trashy tv before crashing. Small things like that make me very happy.

Outside of the hotel, you walk right into LA Live -- where there is an array of restaurants. My favourite, I went twice during my 1 week stay, was Katsuya. Try their seafood sampler, or crispy tuna rice dish. AMAZING.

Also conveniently nearby is a Ralph's (grocery and pharmacy and all-in-one store, where they also have cheap, hot food take-out, wine, dry-cleaning...everything). It's less than a 15 minute walk away.

Room Tip: If you're part of a convention and you have scheduled activities in the Ballrooms, ask for a roo...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

The hotel was very very clean. Rooms are spacious huge beds lovely bathroom

Shame we didn't have a car as a bit far away from things

The lovely Joy at the concierge was really helpful and helped us make the most of our few days there

Not much to do their outside of LA live but some nice restaurants arounds

• Stayed February 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

Stayed at the J.W. Marriott at L.A. Live for a conference in February 2012. Hotel is clean, bright and lively. Rooms are spacious and modern. J.W. Marriott and Ritz Carlton are co-located on the same property and there is a lot of traffic due to the 2 hotels and the conference facilities they share. Lobby bars are lively well into the night. Would stay again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Bloomington IN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

Lots to like about this hotel. It's new, modern, elegant. Gorgeous lobby and good restaurants. The rooms are gigantic. For anyone doing business or attending events at the convention or the Staples Center it's a great location, and an easy walk to other attractions. I was disappointed by housekeeping, though. The first morning, I left the room around mid-morning and made sure to put the Do Not Disturb sign back inside. I was at the convention center all day, returning around 5. And NO ONE had serviced the room! The bed was unmade, the coffee supplies not replenished, the trash baskets full. I called guest services right away and they apologized up and down and said they'd send someone up right away to get things put to rights. I had to leave again so went off confident that when I returned I'd have a nice clean room and empty waste baskets. Got back to the room again about 10 PM only to find that IT WAS STILL A MESS. Somebody dropped the ball, big time. I called guest services again and told them what I thought of their "service." They apologized up and down, asked if I wanted someone to come up now (as if! I wanted to hit the sack) and asked if they could give me a free breakfast among other things I didn't want. Finally I was offered a credit to my account that I accepted though still wasn't particularly mollified. For a higher priced hotel, this lapse showed incredible sloppiness and negligence. Other minor irritations included the gigantic illuminated sign right outside my window (on the south side of the building) that was on all night, and the curtains didn't close quite tightly enough to shut the light out completely. Also at 5 the next morning loud amplified music started to boom and continued until I just decided to get up since I couldn't sleep any longer. Never did figure out where it was coming from. Finally, whoever planned the room layout made a mistake in not locating the refrigerator in the cabinet just inside the door, instead of right under the TV in the bedroom proper. It was pretty noisy in both rooms (I asked to move after the loud booming music and got an identical room on the other side; alas, the fridge in that room was even louder; I had to unplug it). Though there are lots of nice things about the facility, and everyone I dealt with was nice, I doubt that I'd stay there next time. Too many glitches.

Room Tip: North side away from that awful huge illuminated sign.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business