JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Pool
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$426
$560
$116
$104
Orbitz.com
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$159
$289
$202
Hotels.com
2,281 results
All reviewsstaples centerconvention centerla live complexnokia theaterfilling stationdowntown layard housegrammy museumthe ritzlakers gamethe executive loungeattending an eventrooftop poolroom servicevalet parkingjunior suitelobby bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We stayed here on New Year's eve as we were going to a hockey game at Staples Center. The hotel exceeded my expectations. The lobby is absolutely stunning and so is the lounge (The Mixing Room).

The room was spacious and clean. The staff was excellent.

Unfortunately I did not have the time to experience the pool or the workout facilities but I hear they are both beautiful and more than adequate. I will definitely book here again (depending on what specials they have at the time).

Room Tip: If you are like me and prefer a bathtub to a shower stall, make sure to ask for it in advance of being assigned a room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I have been staying at Marriott locations all over the world for the last 11 years. This one was not a disappointment! We layed over here for a day and a half on the way out of the country. It is not especially close to LAX but was worth it! It is close to restaurants and the area is bustling with activitiy. We also went to the musuem of natural history (is that the right name?) closeby and spent the day.

I had two rooms adjoining each other. The rooms were up to date, clean and the bathrooms were quite modern. We didnt order room service.

True to the Marriott brand, the beds were comfortable and clean.

The price was great but then I was on government per diem so am not sure of the regular rates.

I was not however very impressed with the choices at the restaurants (despite the cordial staff ) so we did eat out a few times. We did have an unfortunate event that happened. There is a plexi-glass divider between the one of the restaurants and outer seating area. It would have been nice if it was frosted or something as my son ran right into it as we were entering the restaurant not realizing it was plexi-glass. He ended up with a small bump on his head. It also would have been nice if there was an airport shuttle but ground transportation is plentyful so we made it work.

I would definately stay here again when I have more time to really enjoy it and get out exploring!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2012

What a wonderful location with a staff to match. We stayed here recently for the Rose Bowl and they exceeded our expectations at every turn. We enjoyed the pool, dinner at the restaurant, the workout room and being close to everything you will need for a great visit. We stayed on a high floor with a great view of the Hollywood Hill and the City. The room was perfect but you will not spend much time in it with the location and all that it has to offer. We were close enough to the Rose Bowl and Pasadena but also to the Staples Center, Restaurants and a great nights sleep. I stay at over a hundred hotels a year and I will tell you the service is truly what has this Hotel so high on my list. Ask and you will receive. A particular shout out to the Wisconsin Football team who helped to make it special for my son by having every player and the coach sign his football the day before the game!

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank James W
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I was there on a business trip. This is a giant hotel complex next to the Staples Center. The hotel has a spectacular lobby, the room was spacious, quiet and luxurious. Restaurants in the hotel were more than adequate. The meeting rooms were well equipped. Overall, nice place to stay in LA.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2012

The JW Marriott still feels extremely new - everything is clean, modern, and well thought out. The Marriott shares the lobby with the Ritz Carlton, which is also part of the complex, and the set up is clearly geared toward the RC level. It could just be my visit, but everything seems focused on the sports and the events at the Staples Center. The hotel was full of Wisconsin fans here for the Rose Bowl as well as hockey fans watching the Kings play next door. It gave the hotel a great energy, but also meant things like the restaurant was crowded for breakfast and the bars full at night.

The room was large, comfortable, and well designed. Despite the hotel being packed, I didn't hear hall noise or any noise from other rooms. Internet is $13 per day and works well.

To explore the rest of LA you really need to drive to see the city. Parking is steep at $40 and is only available via valet, which I dislike. I really wish hotels always have a self-park option. I really don't need someone to park my car for me.

Overall, I was pleased with the stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple