“Do Not Waste Your Money!”

Paramount Pictures - Studio Tours
Los Angeles Hop-on Hop-off Double Decker Bus Tour
Ranked #19 of 248 Tours in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Explore over a century of Hollywood history and witness more in the making at the Studio where it all began - Paramount Pictures - the only major Studio actually located in Hollywood. During your visit, you’ll see where some of the most celebrated motion pictures and TV shows are made. On the tour, led by an engaging Studio Page, you will visit iconic locations like the legendary Bronson Gate, New York Street Backlot, and the Prop Warehouse. You'll arrive a welcomed guest and leave a true industry insider
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Swansea
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Do Not Waste Your Money!”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

If you want to visit a movie studio that allows you to see sets, props and scenes from well known and loved tv programmes and films, do not bother with this studio!

My husband and I had already done the Warner Bros Studios tour in 2013 and it was fantastic, so we planned to tour a different studio tour when in LA in 2014. We debated between Sony and Paramount and settled on Paramount because they were open on Saturdays when Sony was not.

We paid $100 for the two tickets and I can honestly say it was a total waste of money! The tour guides are nowhere near as enthusiastic and knowledgable as the guides we saw in Warner Bros. They show you, at the start of the tour, the movies that were made at Paramount Studios such as Titanic, The Godfather, Forest Gump, Wolf of Wall Street etc. However you do not see anything on the tour regarding these movies (oh apart from the supposed bench that Forest Gump sat on during the movie!). You get driven around in a golf cart, and the only sound stages/sets we visited were either pilot tv shows that were unknown or kids tv shows that, as British adults, we had never heard of! The only set that we recognised was Dr.Phil, but personally for us this was not that interesting!

Compared to Warner Bros - who take you on sets such as The Hangover, Friends, Ellen, The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men - this tour is really really disappointing. I was literally falling asleep when the tour guide was speaking because he was so boring! The only interesting thing he did was show us scenes on his iPad of movies that were filmed in the spot you were sitting, but other than this you don't get to really feel the Paramount experience.

Take my advice and spend your money on Warner Bros studio tour! We wouldn't go back even if the tickets were free!!!!

7 Thank Lugey1980

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great if you are into movies and TV series”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

First of all a disclaimer, we watch a lot of tv and movies.
So, we were here in September 2012 and it was really great. The tour was conducted in a small electric car around the area and one carried headsets to be able to always hear the guide fully. A lot of interesting stories, anecdotes was shared by the guide. Questions were responded to promptly. Before the tour started the guide asked if we had any peticular favorite shows that was recorded at Paramount and indeed we are huge Community fans. The guide (which I am sad to say I have forgot the name for) facilited our needs by letting us enter the Community studio, more exactly Troy (not anymore sadly) and Abeds apartment!
So, do you have an interest in movies and TV series and in peticular any of those recorded at Paramount, well then this is a must.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank M203_sweden
Charlotte, North Carolina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun day at Paramount”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

The staff at Paramount was great! The tour was a lot of fun and we actually got to see Martin Sheen and Jane Fonda on the grounds. Very interesting!

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A look behind the scenes”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

The first time I visited Paramount Studios I went on the regular tour, but being a huge movie buff I wanted more! So when I returned to LA I went on the VIP tour. It was really good! Our tour guide Joseph was very nice and friendly. The groups are small, no more than 8 guests at the time. Paramount Studios is a very beautiful studio with lots of history. If you're not super into movies I would recommend the cheaper tour, but if you're like me and movies is your biggest interest in life I would definitely recommend spending the extra money and take the VIP tour. It's more than four hours long. You'll get to visit the archives, some of the shops and if you're super lucky you'll even get to see a real movie star. Take in consideration that many shows are in hiatus during the summer so if you come May-July most of the sets will be in storage. It's still worth a visit. We got to sit under Bumble bee from the Transformers franchise and eat chocolate covered strawberries. That's quite awesome even if you're not into Transformers. One last thing! Don't forget to touch the Branson gate for good luck!

1 Thank Angelica E
Marin County CA
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“What fun!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had two great young men give us the tour. I learned a lot and loved the tidbits and backstory about the studio. I have always been a fan of movies so this was a must for me. I highly recommend the tour to everyone who loves movies and TV.

Visited April 2014