“Change For Change's Sake Is Often the Downfall of Good Food”
Review of Sri Siam

Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: North Hollywood
Neighborhood: North Hollywood
Reviewed June 24, 2008

I've been going to this restaurant on a regular basis for four years. It just recently underwent an expansion. New waitress, inattentive and somewhat distant. Unlike other Thai places I frequent, there was little attention to detail. No spice rack-- even after I asked-- perhaps she thought the "Farang" did not like spicy food. I finally had to get up and retrieve it from another table. Although the decor has improved, and the eating space is much larger--and can now accommodate more than the usual nine tables-- the food has devolved from very excellent and tasty, authentic Thailand cuisine to just average Thai fare. Why? I am not sure. Perhaps, there is a ownership change. All I know is that my fried mussels were tasteless and greasy instead of possessing the usual delightful and delicious texture of thick crepes, with the subtle essence of the sea and the crispyness of beans sprouts. My Sri Siam B.B. Q. Chicken was dried out. I seriously think it was left over from the day before and micro-waved. That is sure not representing the ideal of Thai fresh food. The Bamboo Shoot Salad was so sour--with way too much lime juice--that my companion-- a Thai-- and I could not eat it. We took it home and doctored it up to make it more palatable. It was a total dining dud. I drive past there often now, but I always seem to end up on Sherman Way at another Thai place called the Swan.

1  Thank photowriter333