Stay on Main Hotel and Hostel
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$309
$286
  • Restaurant
$289
  • Pool
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$152
$181
$99
FourPoints.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$210
$202
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
$360
$339
  • Beachfront
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 19, 2012

So downtown LA is pretty crappy. But it's cheap.
Stay was a great joint - private rooms had ensuite shower and toilet with a sink and mirror in the room. TV and aircon. The cleaninless was fanstastic and since it's also a hotel you do get that little bit extra quality.

Only cons are the breakfast (which was DIY cereal and coffee both gross) but you can head down the street to some nearby cafes which did nice breakfast. The area is very dodgy and you wouldn't wanna be walking by yourself through downtown LA at night so only stay here if you're with people. During the day it seemed pretty safe though.

It was a 10-minute walk to the subway so you could head over to (grimey) Hollywood pretty easily. Access to union station was also fairly convenient where you could bus to the Airport, or the much nicer areas near Santa Monica.

Only did 1 night here and if you had a stop-over in LA this is a great place to stay... otherwise stay somewhere near the beach! downtown LA is a dump!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank jumbz55
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Stay away from this place. We spent over 1 hour at front desk just to check-in even though there were not any other guests in front of us. Hostel staff could not find our reservation. After long wait they said "found it" but could not figure out what type of room we have booked. Cannot believe our booking did not have this info on it. Then they could not figure out how to charge travel agency I used for this reservation because have already prepaid our stay in advance. Then they lost my credit card and could not find it for 20 mins. Another guests arrived and made busy second member of front desk service. I realized that this second member of front desk was trying to use my credit card to charge it for another guest stay. I was happy my credit card was found. Then they realized that their printer is out of paper and could not complete our check in. After more than hour we finally got our room key. Next morning woke up with bed bug bites. 3 days later I am getting unauthorized charges on my credit card that was scanned by them as a deposit for room damages. Those charges are labeled as Hotel Cecil which the same facility as Stay on Main hostel just using different building entrance. Check reviews for "hotel cecil los angeles" on tripadvisor to learn more about this horrible place.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Slavo F
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Now being off travelling over the world, the main thing I look at is price. This was one of the cheapest hostels in L.A and it was in a different area so I thought I would spend a few days here after Hollywood. I wish I stayed here for my whole time in L.A. The rooms are top notch, the place is just pure funky, clean and comfortable. O.k its not in your main tourist area, but if you need to stay in a hostel, i'm sure you've been to places that are edgier and once you are used Downtown L.A is actually pretty cool.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2011

only advice stay away stayed here march 09 lobby is unbeliveable but dont let it fool u i stayed in huts in fiji that would put this place to shame!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mark K
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I would book at the Stay again this year if I score tickets to the rose bowl

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business