“A Family Style Restaurant and Go-To Lunch mainstay during the week”
Review of Khun Dang

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: South San Fernando Valley
San Francisco, CA
“A Family Style Restaurant and Go-To Lunch mainstay during the week”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I've been a regular of this establishment since it began in the 1990's and am glad they're still around. It's patronized by many Thai families especially during the weekend. That in itself is indicative of this resto's authenticity.
Special lunch combo plates during the week is a delight as dishes vary daily. My favorites: Tom Kha, green curries, (pork or chicken), fish curry (dry).
But what I look forward to is their New Year's eve buffet- a celebration and act of gratitude by the owners for regulars like me (and there are many of us). Dishes offered are endless and delicious.... it takes me back to Bangkok every time....

• Visited July 2011

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Was that the bussy place...”
Reviewed September 18, 2008

Was that the bussy place we went to with Sim?? Very authentic...My heart still belongs to Thailand!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The best Thai food on the planet. My favorites are Pad Thai Beef, Angel Wings, Seafood Delight, Vegetable Egg Rolls...”
Reviewed June 25, 2008

The best Thai food on the planet. My favorites are Pad Thai Beef, Angel Wings, Seafood Delight, Vegetable Egg Rolls, Squid Rings, Beef Jerky

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
los angeles
“When Thai Is Better Left Uneaten”
Reviewed June 24, 2008

Ok, I have been to at least 30 Thai restaurants in the greater Los Angeles' area, and twenty to thirty in various parts of Thailand. This one is "hands down" the worst eating and dining experience yet. Why? I walked in on a recent holiday because Thai restaurants are usually open. My first impression was that the decor was very nice. My second impression was-- where are all the customers? I'm talking dead here! There were two more waitresses than customers, and there were only two waitresses. I should have skedaddled, but my Thai companion wanted to have a new experience. Suffice it to say that I stayed away from Curdled Pork Blood Soup. I went with the old standby Pad Thai noodles. I figured-- "if you can't get that right?" My companion ordered Spicy Mint Leaves Seafood. We usually order three or four dishes. This time I insisted that we forget that notion, and also forget eating family style-- to each their own. I had a gastronomic premonition to cut my losses. Why? When a person orders food in a Thai restaurant, they are usually asked how spicy they want their dish. I requested my Pad Thai very spicy. The waitress explained to me that I did not want my food very spicy. Say What!!! I told her that it was all right, have the cook load it with Thai chili's because I eat Thai food Thai style-- hot! She still insisted that I should not order my food to my liking. Ok!Out of the kitchen came my Pad Thai, and it was plain tasting, without a hint of chili's, lacking any good amount of chicken, egg, crushed peanuts, bean sprouts or other garnishments, and almost no hint of Pad Thai sauce. Just plain boring! My companion's seafood dish was strong smelling, as in "old shoes" smelling seafood; the squid was tough, slimy and sour. We ended up throwing it away. Enough said?