“If you love scallops...”
Review of Beso - CLOSED

Beso
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Cross street: Corner of Ivar St.
West Hollywood, California
“If you love scallops...”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This restaurant owned by Eva Longoria has the best scallops I've ever had. They are perfectly prepared. Tender and melt in your mouth. The flat bread is amazing, too. Crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside with a nice smoky flavor. I don't usually like Churros, but this dessert at Beso is so light and yummy. The only thing I would recommend them is to add a dessert for us chocoholics! Ambience is dark and sexy.

• Visited June 2013

Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I would not recommend anyone to go there; poorly prepared food, poor service.”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Cafeteria food tastes better than the food at Beso ( Hollywood). Poor service, terrible lighting, poorly prepared food. Sorry complete waste of time and money.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Monica H
Long Beach, California
“Eva Longoria's Beso was a definite dining option”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I stumbled into Beso with a Groupon deal on our way to the Ford Amphitheatre. We arrived early, parked in the meters and waited for the doors to open at 6PM on a Saturday night. There was an option for valet parking at $20 for those visiting the nearby attractions on Hollywood and Vine. We were seated at a booth and the grandeur and dim lighting immediately struck me, which worked well for me given my advanced years. Since we had limited time and budget, we had downloaded and studied the menu beforehand. Our Groupon deal was for $60 and most entrees exceeded that amount for two. We ordered 2 drinks, Sangria and a Svedka Vodka martini and both were excellent. I ordered the Farmer’s Market salad and the Taco Tasting without the tortillas since I was trying to adhere to the Paleo diet. My husband ordered the Sea Scallops and a side of Grilled Asparagus that he thoroughly enjoyed. Fortunately, they served a complimentary large flatbread with a bean and ground meat accompaniment. For a total of over $101.31, we were quite satisfied with our dinner. A pricey option but worth the experience for those visiting the Hollywood area.

• Visited May 2013
Winnipeg Canada
“Very dark restaurant but good food”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

.The lighting in this restaurant is very dim.
The Cesar salad was lightly dressed and crisp. The flatbread with roast red peppers was very good. Waitstaff was very response to our needs. The chicken soup was spicy. Shrimp with linguine was very tasty. The Quesadillas was very dressed with sides .

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank inthegarden
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Would def recommend!!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Fabulous. Visited from the uk. Got a groupon before heading to the states. Booked a table for a Saturday night, no problems with using the groupon. Restaurant, gorgeous setting. Food, beautiful. Staff glamorous, customers just normal people, smart casual dress code :) very friendly service. 1 minute walk from the hollywood/vine metro so very handy to get to. Would definitely recommend, especially if you can get a groupon deal.

• Visited April 2013