“Bomb-ass Ramen”
Review of The Ramen Joint

The Ramen Joint
Ranked #998 of 12,399 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

If you enjoy ramen, this is a must visit spot. I got extra noodles and they soaked up most of the broth (be sure to get extra broth if you order extra noodles). I got full fast because I had the delicious calamari for an appetizer so I took the rest if my ramen to go. I ended up eating the broth-soaked noodles cold the next day and it was delicious! I don't like left overs and I don't enjoy eating hot food cold, but the ramen and broth are so good here it didn't matter! Be sure to use the app for reserving a table BEFORE you come in to dine, the wait is very long (but worth it).

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (35)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went there for a quick bite for lunch. Somewhat rude (possibly just overworked) server asked me to sign in on an iPad like device for the waiting list. Wit list - for noodles? I don't think so. Told her I was on my own and there was a place at the bar. Fine. Asking for menu, I'm told 'it's on the blackboard'. OK, only that the kitchen staff are blocking the view. Finally managed to see it, ordered some Tonkatsu. A few minutes later got that thrown at me (almost literally) by one of the ppeole blind the bar. So far, so bad. The I tased the thing - water. Just hot water, no taste whatsoever and cold (cold !!) pork slices. The noodles were also undercooked - I do expect to be asked how I want them - and the whole bowl was forgettable. Never again. Avoid.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Found this place here on TripAdvisor while looking for a place to eat on our one-night stay in the LAX area. Their ramen is superb, and the service is quick and friendly. As we were eating, locals started queuing outside, which is a great sign.

Totally recommend this place to anyone craving a bowl of hot ramen!

Reviewed September 5, 2019 via mobile

I just flew in and my hotel is a little closer to LAX but if you’re up for a short walk, this place is absolutely worth it. I LOVE good, and I mean good ramen. This place was to die for. The chashu was melt in your mouth tender and had great flavor. They have four levels of spicy, I got the second from the highest and it wasn’t too hot but enough to make me chug some water. The Kimchi was also very good. Very light and spicy. Sinus clearing almost. Very good. 10/10 would recommend and will be back next time I’m in LA!

Reviewed June 2, 2019 via mobile

Those who love ramen will need to give a try. Always pack during lunch and dinner period. Need to have patient to wait for your turn. Those can take spicy chili can give a try. The noodles and soup match well!

Date of visit: May 2019