“After all these years . . .”
Review of Golden Hunan

Golden Hunan
Ranked #1,827 of 10,808 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Neighborhood: North San Fernando Valley
Reviewed July 25, 2014

The Golden Hunan was my go to spot in the mid 1980's, when I lived in the Valley. Every meal was as close to perfect as could be. The service was always exemplary. Last week we were in the Valley for vacation. It was my first time back in almost 30 years. I was amazed to see the Golden Hunan sign. Of course we went in for an early dinner. Nothing has changed. They are still serving up incredible dishes and providing phenomenal service. Go, You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

It was my first visit to this place, which is set back on the east side of Reseda Blvd. just north of Devonshire. The staff was very pleasant and the service was very good. I chose the Beef Tomato and the Moo Goo Gai Pan. They also brought steamed rice, a couple of sauces, tea, and some fried wontons. The beef in the beef tomato was chewy and the sauce was very heavy. I could hardly taste the tomatoes. The Moo Goo Gai Pan was quite good. Snow peas, carrots, lots of tender chicken and mushrooms in a mild sauce. I'd come back and try some different dishes which might elevate things to very good.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Jeanie is the best waitress ever and even on a night when it was swamped she did what she does best, she kept everyone happy! It's true they were in need of more waiters & help this night but it was our choice to eat there! The food is delicious! Been going here for almost 30 years

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I really like this place. Everything is very good to great. I especially love their BBQ spare ribs. Best of the west. Closest to NY Canton style ribs I have found in this part of the country. Don't miss the lunch specials. great good, lots of it and very inexpensive.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've been eating at Golden Hunan since the early '80s. (The VERY early '80s. LOL) It has always been terrific. The food is great, the service is great. We've been dining here on Christmas Day for many years -- they are EXTREMELY busy on Christmas, so get there or call your order in early! My personal favorite dish is their curry chicken. Also great are the old standbys, broccoli beef or beef with snow peas!