Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hollywood Hotel Walk of Fame
Ranked #36 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Hunt Valley, Maryland
“FRONT DESK”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Great folks run that place starting with the front desk and Omar. Looked out for every need. Top notch. Left an item behind and Omar's personal attention got it back to me without any problems. In follow up he knew who I was and details of my trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My family and I had a wonderful time visiting Hollywood. Our hotel was located within walking distance from the Hollywood Walk of Fame and not far from Universal Studios, both of which we could not wait to visit! Hotel staff are always smiling and very attentive and willing to answer all questions when asked. Our rooms were quiet and facing the back of the hotel. They were clean and we enjoyed the free breakfasts. This hotel is very conveniently located to everything. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone. It is value for money and affordable if you are travelling with family.

1 Thank LucasG37
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Fabulous value. great location just 3 minutes from Walk of Fame and Chinese Theatre, Staff are helpful and friendly. Nice pool and small gym. No noise and a good sized room. Great for single travellers and nice and safe if females traveling alone. Reception staff are exceptional.

Room Tip: Book early - limited rooms.
London
Reviewed December 9, 2013

After spending weeks trying to find an affordable hotel for a solo trip to LA, I chose this one based on its Tripadvisor ratings. I asked for a quiet room and my request was honored and I had a lovely room on the 6th floor. The location was great, with walking distance to the Metro and the Walk of Fame. However, the staff is pretty much invisible and on the day of my departure when I saw new guests receiving their bus maps and having their tours booked, I asked why I was not offered any of this after having pointed out I was a solo traveler. The answer: I did not ask. I was gutted. I ended up with a massive cold and my family tried to call me, not having heard from me, and reception let the phone ring ONCE before telling my family I was not in. I have stayed at Holiday Inn before and I was extremely disappointed with the service I received. I spent hours trying to find my way around the city, checking all the routes before I left the hotel. A bus map would have been extremely helpful. The location was fantastic, but if that's all I need I might as well go to the Hilton next door.

Room Tip: 6th floor is quiet, 4th floor is the 'everything is here' floor so very popular and noisier...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MarijkeLondon
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hollywood Hotel Walk of Fame, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear MarijkeLondon,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am pleased you liked the location of our hotel and it;s location to the Metro and Walk of Fame. However, I apologize for the service that you have received which is not up to your par. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the guest services we offer to our guests.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Australia
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Not a bad hotel, friendly staff, good location, large room, comfortable beds. We were on the fifth floor and is was nice and quiet. Breakfast is typical Holiday Inn fare, but OK. Free wifi. It is a busy road and sometimes hard to turn in and out of the driveway. Shops for basic supplies across the road. Short walk to Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Room Tip: I think all locations would be good
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Suzie_QAustralia
IHGCare, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hollywood Hotel Walk of Fame, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Suzie_QAustralia,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am happy that you like dour location. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide. We appreciate your feedback and your business.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Second time visiting this hotel and was amazed the loveley front desk clerk remembered us from 2010.We stay here for close proximity to show tapings and the Grove and Hollywood Blvd itself.Our room was beautifull and spotless,the breakfast was top knotch in general this is one of the best Hie's weve stayed in.The cons,realising Hollywood is an expensive place to visit,the price is starting to make me reconsider our next visit.Last time ,i grudgingly accepted the 20 dollar per day parking,but this time theyve made it all valet parking.No self parking allowed. The gentlemen who took the car were completely professional ,except for one time bringing me somebody elses car.No big deal,but it was time wasted and im the type who is very critical of who drives my car.So all in all a very good place but im not to happy with the parking policy.

Bali
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn, Hollywood Walk of Fame given the good reviews and close proximity to the Hollywood Walk of Fame and surrounding tourist attractions.
We stayed in an Executive Suite which was large and comfortable. It’s a “no frills” hotel but it is clean and comfortable and ideal for those who want to see the sites of LA. The reception staff were friendly and genuinely helpful, especially Omar.
As the hotel is so close to the Hollywood Boulevard, a few of the hotel occupants decided to continue the party in their room. The room occupants next door to us came in late (2am) and continued to party in the room and in the corridor until about 5am, which was a nuisance, but I guess this is Hollywood after all!
The breakfast that was included in our room rate was fair. My only complaint was that most of the food was not replenished, so if you arrived at the breakfast room after 8.30am, there was little left to eat.
The hotel is in a great location and within walking distance to the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Madam Tussaud, the Chinese Theatre and the Hard Rock Cafe. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance to the hotel.
I would return to the Holiday Inn Express because of the excellent location and friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family