“Really good option for doing Hollywood on a modest budget”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hollywood Hotel Walk of Fame
Ranked #43 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel twice in the last couple of years (on both occasions I was in LA on business, but I also wanted to take a couple of days for sight-seeing, so the location of this hotel was ideal).

I would really recommend it for anyone looking for a nice, clean, friendly hotel that doesn't cost too much but is in a good location. The bedrooms are really spacious and very well looked after - you get a fridge (which is much more useful than the usual pointless mini-bar filled with over-priced drinks I never touch), free wifi, a widescreen TV and a coffee machine (as a Brit I'd prefer a kettle, but it's still possible to make tea using the machine - although I'd recommend bringing your own tea bags!). The breakfast isn't the greatest in the world but it's absolutely fine and there's a nice range of options provided. I also have to say that the staff are extremely helpful and friendly, and a real credit to this hotel chain.

Oh, and there's also a nice little outdoor swimming pool which I used a couple of times and had the whole pool area to myself on both occasions.

Be aware that it's fairly basic in that there's no bar or restaurant so you can't get any room service, but there are loads of eating options within a 5-minute walk, and on a couple of nights when I was tired I even bought take-out and took it back to my room with no problem.

Really nice hotel and I'll probably keep using this place whenever I have to visit LA.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 19, 2013

can highly recommend this place, firstly for location - it is just off the walk of fame and all of hollywood is very accessible, secondly can not speak well enough of the staff, they were so friendly and knowledgeable. we asked them about getting to the staples center and they had a couple of spare passes for the metro so just leant them to us, and everything we asked them about they had good knowledge of. parking was included as well in our package which in LA is invaluable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and was very impressed, staff were very helpful, room was better than expected for low star rating. Will definitely stay here next time we visit. Close to everything with the walk of fame only a couple of streets away, close to metro station all the usual sights of Hollywood. Breakfast was adequate and coffee on tap. Before you book the expensive hotels consider this hotel. Check in is a little late, 4.00pm, we arrived at 8.00am, the young lady on the front desk was happy to let us in our room as soon as cleaners had finished.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I booked this hotel for 1 night to attend a concert at Hollywood Bowl. The location could not have been better as we walked less than 1/2 a mile to the bowl rather than having to worry about taking a cab or dealing with stacked parking at the bowl. Omar was extremely helpful - one of the best hotel employees I have ever encountered. Our room was on the 7th floor so we had to take 2 elevators to get there but it was so worth it. It was so nice and quiet up there! The room was decorated MUCH nicer than I expected and I loved how spacious the shower was. The makeup mirror in the bathroom was a nice added touch and helped us girls get ready for the night! Everything was clean, everything in the room worked and the beds were very comfy. I know they offer breakfast but I can't speak on it as we were not up early enough in the morning to take advantage of it. I see some complaints about parking costs... this is LA. Every hotel here valets or charges you for overnight parking, it's a way of life. If you can't afford it, you have no business staying in this city. We paid a little over $200 for one night and with that my only hangup was that at that price, I would expect to have the option for room service. Also, the valet guys seemed disorganized and were unfriendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We chose this hotel for a few days break between working two events in the Los Angeles area. The location was perfect. It is a short walk to the Highland Center and Hollywood Boulevard, so that there are plenty of restaurants, shops, and theaters nearby. It is also very close to the Metro subway, so that a trip to the fashion district, Little Tokyo, and downtown was very convenient without a car. The hotel was very quiet and comfortable with plenty of space. Things looked a bit worn and there were some stains on the carpet, but it is a busy hotel with a lot of families. The maids did keep the rooms very clean. We found all of the staff to be very pleasant and helpful. The room was very quiet. The breakfast was busy at certain times, but the food was fresh and reasonably varied. We were certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Booked this hotel using my points. The room was massive, 2 queen beds were really comfortable. We had a room facing the road and the lifts on the 4th floor, which had worried me, however this was unfounded.

Breakfast was the usual fare for HIE, the breakfast room and the swimming pool were on the 4th floor. Breakfast got crowded however it was easy to grab what you wanted and take it back to the room.

The staff were really helpful with recommendations. The hotel was a few minutes walk from the Dolby Centre and the Walk of Fame. There is also a Metro Station there which made it easy to get around. It is also fairly close to the Hollywood Bowl.

Room Tip: A room at the back of the hotel would be quieter - the road is quite busy