“Always fresh tasting”

The Hummus Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hummus Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #376 of 10,800 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Seafood, Israeli
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: South San Fernando Valley
Cross street: Burbank Blvd.
Description: The first Hummus Bar and Grill Restaurant is conveniently located in Tarzana Village Shopping Center on Ventura Boulevard in Tarzana, and boasts plentiful parking. The simple unpretentious environs of the restaurant create the experience of a Tel-Aviv outing. The restaurant offers a wide range of quality salads prepared daily on the premises, and served with hot pitas baked upon request on location. The food is prepared with great care using only high quality products, and focusing on the simplicity of preparation - thus allowing affordable pricing. Hummus Bar has introduced a new concept in Los Angeles, combining high quality meats with ambiance and a concept.
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I love the food, i had a grid chicken breast skewer without salad and grilled veggies and the hummus with garbanzo beans and shared it, its a lot of food ads it's yummy. $32.00 for that.....my only problem is that they just stained the floor and the chemical smell is really annoying, gave me a headache.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I come here to meet my friends. Casual, delicious, and relaxing... The never-ending appetizer plate with pita is fantastic, and you get to taste everything!!! Come as you are - and come hungry! You'll be happy you did

Reviewed July 4, 2014

This place is very casual, on the rowdy side and nothing fancy. You should come here for just plain old great food with friends and family. We reserved ahead of time because we were a large party and the service was pretty good, considering how many people we were. The menu is long and has many options for everyone. The food tasted just like it does in the middle east! Everything was delicious.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is a delicious and casual place that is nice to come with kids. I love the hummus with mushrooms and the chicken is amazing. My kids love this restaurant. Is very I expensive and a great value. My family of four usually only needs two entrees between us. Two sides come with each entree and are delicious - try the veggie fried rice.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I placed a take-out order of hummus, falafel balls and Baladi Eggplant (grilled with tahini, chick peas and a lemon/garlic sauce). I thought, at $35, this was a tad dear for Middle- Eastern takeaway, but was told it was a par-for-the-course price for the area. My main disappointed was with their signature dish, hummus, which was rather oily and liquidy. In addition, the accompanying pita bread was very thick and doughy. Having lived on and off in the Mid East for the past 30 years, I've tasted many an excellent hummus, but this one was just average. The falafel balls were a bit dry, but ok once drizzled with tahina. The eggplant turned out to be the best of the lot.