“Go during daylight”

Ranked #87 of 553 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: A boulevard where the stars of Hollywood are immortalized with bronze star-plaques, embedded in pink and charcoal terrazzo squares.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Went here with wife and kids last September. Nice to say we done it but do during the daytime as gets dangerous when dark. We had prostitutes coming up to the kids (3 and 2 years of age) and all shops along street require u to buzz in before u can enter. Illegal drugs were being offered to us every 200 yards also. The stars could also be better maintained as some of them are damaged which is a shame.

Write a ReviewReviews (15,455)
All reviews
in 233 reviews
"blvd"
in 143 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Definitely worth visiting the Walk of Fame, just to say that you've been there whilst visited Hollywood and LA but don't get too excited about it.
Firstly, it's hard to spend time hunting down your favourite stars when the street is so busy and people are constantly getting annoyed at each other, holding people up and walking into each other.

The street itself is pretty dingy, dirty and tacky. It's quite sad to see where some of the stars are placed - next to horrible costume and wig shops.

I didn't feel particularly unsafe here, but there are a few homeless people around and you are constantly getting hassled by tour reps (don't bother, it's a rip off after paying the ticket price and then having to tip the driver!!).

It definitely isn't the glamorous Hollywood that I expected!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I specifically wanted to see this site, just so I could say I saw it. I found a few stars and the one star I was really looking for (Dorothy Dandridge). It is sometimes kind of sad to see a big star placed so far away from the action around Dolby Theater because I wonder if people really ever walk the full length. I didn't walk the full length. It goes on for a while so I'm sure there are some stars that rarely get attention. It's fun to see a name though and recognize the performer. Yes, as other reviewers have mentioned there is a lot of soliciting in the area. Characters want you to pay to take photos with them. Bus tours want you to pay to take a tour with them. Bootleg musicians want you to pay to buy their latest CD. I just waved them all off or flat out ignored their request. It didn't bother me when I was ignoring them because they just move on to the next person when they see you're not interested in buying anything from them. There are certainly plenty of crowds in that area so keep your personal belongings close and use common sense. Overall, if you want to say you did this, it's fine for a one time thing or if you just want to find that one star for your favorite performer/actor and take your picture with it.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The walk of fame is really just a very busy downtown street with the stars on the pavement and it culminates at the front of Dolby Theatre where the hands and footprints of the big stars are... It's a fun thing to do but it's not for families with little kids. I went there with my boyfriend and a couple friend, and we were on our way to dinner, and inside the Dolby Theatre mall there was a live Jazz concert that was nice to watch... So for us it was a terrific way to spend our time with our friends as we made our way to our restaurant.