“This Place is Great for Kids”

Universal Studios Hollywood
Ranked #3 of 553 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Get ready for the ultimate Hollywood experience! Find a full day of action-packed entertainment all in one place: thrilling theme park rides and shows, a real working movie studio, and Los Angeles’ best shops, restaurants and cinemas at CityWalk. Universal Studios Hollywood is a unique experience that’s fun for the whole family. Explore Universal Studios backlot on the legendary Studio Tour. Then face the action head on in heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world’s biggest movies. End your day with the energy and excitement of Universal CityWalk. All this and much more. Only at Universal Studios Hollywood, The Entertainment Capital of L.A.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My son loved it. The employees are very friendly and helpful. The price is a little steep, but worth it. go early in the morning and anticipated the crazy LA traffic.

Write a ReviewReviews (33,207)
All reviews
in 423 reviews
"roller coaster"
in 647 reviews

Reviewed September 1, 2013

For those who have been to Universal Studios Orlando, don`t expect as much attractions and prepare for some changes in some of them (Revenge of the Mummy is still great, but simpler). Pros: nice Studio Tour, very nice King Kong attraction, location of the park really inside the studio area. As my husband and I were really tired of LA traffic (really time consuming the day before) and our hotel was close to the theme park, we decided to spend the morning somewhere we would have fun for sure (and we did).

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have been to universal twice and would defiantly go again. I absolutely love it there. The first time I went was in 2009 with my Family which was made up of my parents my older sister who was 19, myself at 17, my brother at 12 and my two little sisters at 5 and 3. The second time I went was in 2013 with my partner and two friends all aged 21. On both occasions we purchased the front of line pass, which I highly recommend. It enables you to get through the whole park with little waiting even in the busy times. The studio tour is the best part of the park. Most of the rides cater to both young and old, and the shows are fantastic.

I recommend front of the line passes and as soon as you enter to head straight to the studio tour as it gets very busy.

1  Thank Shayla B
Brian S, Manager at Universal Studios Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for your review of Universal Studios Hollywood.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit! We look forward to welcoming you back to our park.

Warm regards,

Guest Communications

Reviewed September 1, 2013

three years ago we visited the universal studios. We were exited, every thing was surprising. And meeting all the famous carztoon caracters was fascinating. We came again this summer and nothing was new, we walked along the park and went again ohe studio tour, but nothing was changed since our last visit.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is a good day out if you have a free day in the LA area but can be very busy which could mean long wait times. We opted for the skip the line pass which was worth it as it didn't mean waiting for 50 minutes for some of the rides. It was great to see the studios and especially as they were filming on the day we went, but I felt like I wanted to see more than you can see on the tour by the end and that it was disappointing by the end. Despite this, our tour guide was great fun and reminded me of Adam Sandler due to the quirkiness of his character. The studio tour was the best bit for the family but the rest of the park was overpriced as it was just a theme park with not as many rides as you would find in Thorpe park. The 4D rides are great if you enjoy them but if you don't like them then this park is not for you as the majority of rides are 4D. The food and drink was not over priced which was a benefit as often parks like this can over charge and when you have spent so much already this can be off putting.

1  Thank travellingjasmine