“Got the VIP Tour - worth every penny”

Universal Studios Hollywood
Book In Advance
Buy Tickets Online
$178.99*
and up
Skip the Line: Front of Line Pass at Universal...
Buy Tickets Online
$368.99*
The VIP Experience at Universal Studios Hollywood
$191.00*
Universal Studios Hollywood and Movie Stars' Homes Tour
Ranked #2 of 588 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: Get ready for the ultimate Hollywood experience! Find a full day of action-packed entertainment all in one place: thrilling theme park rides and shows, a real working movie studio, and Los Angeles’ best shops, restaurants and cinemas at CityWalk. Universal Studios Hollywood is a unique experience that’s fun for the whole family. Explore Universal Studios backlot on the legendary Studio Tour. Then face the action head on in heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world’s biggest movies. End your day with the energy and excitement of Universal CityWalk. All this and much more. Only at Universal Studios Hollywood, The Entertainment Capital of L.A.
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Rides I recommend are: King Kong, The Simpsons and the prop room! Our guide Tony was very knowledgeable and fun. Too much time spent on Desperate Housewives which is a show I did not watch much of.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Well what can I say other than its a great theme park with lots to do.

The studio tour is awesome as well as the transformers ride and mummy ride! (All the other rides/shows are pretty good too)

Lots of characters roaming the park great atmosphere and over all a great day! Defiantly worth a visit!

1  Thank AmyPenno
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I was very hesitant in spending $300 (+tip afterwards to tour guide) up front for this tour, but having just had one of the best days ever, I have no hesitation in recommending it. My daughter (16) and I were alone for this tour, and she was just amazed by everything that we saw and did. Our tourguide, Peter, has a great wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm for a job that he has done for years. He was very approachable, happy to help (I needed a bag while on tour for my things and he immediately got one from a store for me and as well as the entire group of 16). I grew up in that area and went to Universal Studios 30+ years ago. It's fascinating to see how it's changed, and via this tour, to engage in activities that the average customer does not get to see. The special back lot tour via special tour bus, the props dept (absolutely fascinating - a working props department of millions of items), the costuming dept, the soundstage of a current production were all fascinating and very well presented. The perks of being a VIP in a relatively small group of teens and adults (I don't recommend young children for this tour - they might lose interest and it is fast paced), included an awesome catered lunch (wow - the food was so much better than I expected), the ability to be front of the line repeatedly if so desired (buying the front of the line pass and not the VIP pass only gives you ONE front of the line access to each ride/show), just helped make the day extremely memorable and fun. It was expensive, but I'd say that it was well worth the price. My only comment is that our tour guide was with us for about 6 hours and then left us on our own - I think we could have used another hour or two with him to finish seeing the things we didn't do with him. However, he did tell us what we missed and showed us how to get to those shows and rides. All in all, a fabulous day and experience!

1  Thank tinah3
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Been to Universal Studios many times over the years. It is always so much fun to come back. We always go in May & October so there is never much waiting in line. Studio Tour is fantastic!! All shows and rides are amazing. Never seems overwelming like Disneyland. A more relaxed place to visit. Food is average park food and parking is high but its like that everywhere. Definately worth a visit!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Much more compact than I was expecting, making it easy to get around. Absolutely loved the studio tour. Food is not great, wait until you get out and you are spoilt for choice. Thoroughly enjoyable day.