“Try to plan your day around the shows.”

Universal Studios Hollywood
Book In Advance
Buy Tickets Online
$178.99*
and up
Skip the Line: Front of Line Pass at Universal...
Buy Tickets Online
$368.99*
The VIP Experience at Universal Studios Hollywood
$191.00*
Universal Studios Hollywood and Movie Stars' Homes Tour
Ranked #2 of 577 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: Get ready for the ultimate Hollywood experience! Find a full day of action-packed entertainment all in one place: thrilling theme park rides and shows, a real working movie studio, and Los Angeles’ best shops, restaurants and cinemas at CityWalk. Universal Studios Hollywood is a unique experience that’s fun for the whole family. Explore Universal Studios backlot on the legendary Studio Tour. Then face the action head on in heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world’s biggest movies. End your day with the energy and excitement of Universal CityWalk. All this and much more. Only at Universal Studios Hollywood, The Entertainment Capital of L.A.
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Overall really enjoyed it but is only a day trip. Took 3 adults, 4 children aged 2, 8, 10 & 12. Got Front of Line Passes and would not have got round the park in a day if we didn't have them. Was quite disappointed in the studio tour because the sets weren't really very relevant to today's audience or for children. Glad we had Front of Line for that or the hour plus queue would have been a waste.
The bottom layer of the park has the big rides and they are very good for adults/teens etc. so you probably want to visit this first to avoid queueing too much. Most rides are 3D/4D but Jurassic & Mummy have a bit more to them. Transformers was a great ride too.
We all enjoyed it a lot and there are a lot of characters to have photos with. On that note, the photo system is very poor. They are expensive and that is a shame. I think we'd been spoiled with Disney's photo system where the more you buy the cheaper they get.
The food places open were limited and that was a shame because there were huge queues for the few places that were open & they'd run out of almost everything.
Overall though, the park was worth going and value for money.

There are newer reviews for Universal Studios Hollywood

Reviewed February 22, 2013

This was most fun! Be sure to visit all the attractions at least once. I started with the studio tour and it was cool being on the same streets where a myriad of classics were filmed. The King Kong 4D ride was part of the studio tour and it was AWESOME.

The other rides were the Transformer's, Jurassic Park, Simpsons, Shrek, etc. - I loved them all. Each was uniquely fun. There is also an exciting performance at the Waterworld, so be sure to head there - night time would be better to experience all the pyrotechnics. There is also the Special Effects attraction, where you learn about, well, special effects used in motion films. Jerry was the sidekick and he was a STAR.

I also enjoyed the Animal show even though I'm not an animal lover!

I had the Front of the Line pass and it was worth the money - zero waiting time (each queue, esp. the Transformer one will set you back at least 30 to 50 minutes) You can get them online so there's no waiting in the queue. But you can only use it once at each attraction. I went there alone and there is actually a queue for Single Riders, wish I knew that!

All in all this was the highlight of my trip in LA (except for P!nk's concert, of course)

1  Thank XY_Boon
Reviewed February 21, 2013

When booking a holiday to LA I was looking forward to going to universal studios as we had been to the one in Orlando and was looking to cross another one of our list. As the park opened people ran in all different rides we headed for the backlot tour as it was 1hour long and was a popular attraction. Half way through seeing sets from many films and tv program's you go to skull island from the 2005 KING KONG movie it is one of the best 5-10 mins of the entire day I don't wont to give to much away as it is so spectacular and anybody that has been will tell you the exact same.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Loved it. Get a fast pass and your ready to go. I def recommend spending a few extra dollars to get ahead of the lines.
I also went Disney land but this was my favourite. It's great for older kids. No messing around. My favourite was the Simpsons ride and the cruise around all the lots.
I wouldn't miss this. If you have time. Go for it.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

What a great way to spend our valentines day. We were staying at the Sheraton almost next door so this was easy to get to - walking or even free shuttle bus. We splurged and got front of the line because it was also chinese new year and full of tours. We really enjoyed it. I am not a rollercoast person but love the 3D - Simpsons and Transformers were the best. Enjoyed the studio tour but expected a bit more studio and perhaps some stars....didnt happen. We were able to complete the whole park and all the shows including the back stage in 7 hours - thankfully they extended the hours because it was busy on valentines day.

3  Thank M&H_from_Montreal