Book In Advance

from $76.99
from $219.00
from $55.00
1,942 results
All reviews jimmy kimmel roosevelt hotel el capitan oscars footprints studio
Selected filters
Reviewed March 19, 2013

If you are a fan of Hollywood's Golden Years and the early days of film, this tour is a must. For only $10/person, we had a 4-hour walking tour with Dave. My husband and I were the only guests that day. Dave had a binder of photos of how various places we saw once looked, and a wide knowledge of the past, present and future of these buildings. Many interesting stories and photo ops. In addition to being knowledgeable, Dave was very pleasant and friendly. A highlight of our visit to LA, we highly recommend it. (Wear comfortable shoes and take water and a snack; Dave pointed out where we could use a bathroom.)

Date of experience: February 2013
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Yes it was brilliant to see it...the stars, fingerprints etc. but I certainly wasn't hanging around here...was pretty dangerous and alot of crazy people! I was by myself and was a little frightened, protecting my bag was the most important thing on my mind. Even at some points I was hesitate in taking out my camera. I would recommend going there as it is a central part of LA but just some common sense and caution is needed!

Date of experience: February 2013
2  Thank HolidayExperiences12
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My experience of Hollywood Boulevard was marred by a couple of unfortunate incidents that appear to be all too common an occurrence, having read some of the other reviews.

I took the Metro to Hollywood and Vine and took a walk along Hollywood Boulevard. The area seems to have gone downhill in a big way since I visited a few years ago in 2009.

I initially went into the large McDonalds but turned right around when I saw how busy and dirty it was. There was a small sandwich bar literally next door to McDonalds where I ordered a club sandwich. A photo on the wall of the sandwich bar showed a picture of a club sandwich containing real chicken and bacon - but what was delivered was cheap sliced meat with salad. Whilst I was eating - I saw several families being hassled by guided tour operators who are located just outside.

After I left, I crossed the street to the Grauman Theatre where I was immediately hassled by people trying to sell CD's. One guy in particular struck up a conversation with me. As I'm normally quite polite I listened to what he had to say. He said he was trying to promote his CD by giving away free copies of it - but that changed to - he was accepting contributions to cover the cost of the CD - and then that changed to we normally ask for ten dollars. All the time, he was asking my name and signing the front cover of the CD. I was holding the CD, but I told him I didn't want to pay ten dollars for it - he said he would have to take the CD back. So much for promoting his CD. I knew it was a scam - but sometimes you have faith in human nature.

A few moments later, I was approached by another person with the same scam and I just told him I wasn't interested.

There were the usual people wearing movie costumes and to my disgust, one of them lifted his mask and said to his friend, who was also dressed in a costume - "these tourists are just so stupid". By that point I'd had enough and I left Hollywood Boulevard via Hollywood/Highland Metro station, feeling like I'd wasted my entire afternoon.

Date of experience: March 2013
9  Thank lonewayfarer
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Imagine what you think this place would be like and it is the absolute opposite.

The boulevard is dirty and full on crazies. It is nice to see the stars on thr ground and the hand prints but it is a little scary. I totally recommend seeing it but I would mot recommend going more then once

1  Thank eh4tf
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Between drug addicts,crazy homeless people (We had one try to sell us a baby rabbit - that was a weird and surreal experience) and the hustlers trying to separate you from your money it can be pretty unpleasant trying to take a few pictures of the Stars along the boulevard,of the shops we saw along the boulevard most were cramped and overpriced but with all the mayhem carrying on outside it's not like you'd want to announce the fact that you're a tourist.

5  Thank brooke138