“Good ramen, worth a try!”
Review of Daikokuya

Daikokuya
Ranked #205 of 10,038 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
“Good ramen, worth a try!”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Was here a few times while I was in L.A.
Tried the basic ramen, tsukemen, fried rice, and gyoza. Everything was pretty good and tasty, good portion size, could get really busy, be prepared to wait.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank XeonFire

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California, United States
“I like it but not the best”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I ordered tsukemen but I don't really feel this is the best in LA.
結構評判が良かったので行ってみました。美味しかったし、雰囲気も面白かったけどロスで一番とは思いませんでした。たこ焼きは美味しかったです。ラーメンはパンチが無いというか。。。普通に美味しいだけでした。ただ、セットの丼とか美味しそうだったので今度行った時はそっちも頼んでみたいと思いました。

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank yokosanla
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent tonkotsu ramen... usually.”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I really love this place. The tonkotsu ramen is excellent and the prices fair. You can let them know how you want your noodles cooked.

The restaurant is tiny so you usually have to wait in line a little.

We've had times where the broth was not hot enough, other times where the egg was either overcooked or cold.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Marie B
Tokyo, Japan
“On the top of my "LA Ramen list"”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

The only possible setback is the wait-line and the limited parking spaces.

I have no doubt that the quality of ramen is THE BEST in LA.

I liked the Shinsengui in Redondo Beach / Gardena but I could not stop driving to this place even though it took me an hour.

This was one of the few "japanese places" where I could take my Japanese friends with no disclaimer like "don't expect too much because we are in LA and not in Tokyo".

Only once, one of my Japanese friends commented that the broth needs more "punch" to it. I guess he meant the soup needs to be more thicker (more salt/spice etc) which seemed kind of true.

However, considering that we were in LA, Daikokuya should be praised with hands down!!

• Visited January 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Broke Da Mouth!”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

From Hawaii, the term Broke the Mouth means the food is Exceptional, and this little eatery ilives up to the description. My daughter took me here because she knows I love noodles.

I am a ramen eater, and the ramen here is exceptional. You have to come hungry because the bowl of ramen is big. What i really liked a lot was that they top their ramen with lots of green onions, my favorite, and the broth is sooo good!

Even if parking is a hassle, the wait is long, i wouldn't mind going back here. The prize of eating the best ramen is sure worth the hassle.

• Visited May 2014