“Fantastic Wine Shop! Their Oyster Night is AMAZING!”
Review of 55 Degrees Wine

55 Degrees Wine
Golden, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Fantastic Wine Shop! Their Oyster Night is AMAZING!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is one of my favorite wine shops in the LA area. Now that I do not live in the area, I visit every time I'm out in LA for on business. Great selection of wine and fun beer, and there is a cozy little spot in the cellar to have wine, cheese and charcuterie. From time to time, they host a fresh oyster night, which quickly fills the downstairs with oyster lovers, pairing their favorite white they just purchased upstairs. The oyster night was always my favorite. So fantastic!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Jason C

USA
129 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 346 helpful votes
“Overpriced- not worth it yet nice staff...”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This place is a very solid three. If they had more of a food menu it would be a four. They've done a smart job by converting the downstairs into a wine cellar looking area to add extra cash flow to the wine store above.

It is excruciatingly overpriced. I walked out of there spending about 10-15$ more per person that the experience was worth (@ least). Getting a pizza from next door that was marked up 20% was kind of silly to me.

The wait staff are super nice- they have a great blend of being helpful yet not in your face. The atmosphere is decent too. But I definitely will not be back. It's way too expensive, the pours are a bit light. Try the bar next door- it was a much more fun part of the nite!

Visited February 2013
Los Angeles
“55 Degree Wine”
Reviewed February 27, 2010

55 Degree Wine is a hidden gem. Found this gem on yelp, tried it the first time with a friend and my girlfriend. Was surprised they had an underground wine cellar. It was awesome! The owner Andy is great and very knowledgeable about his wine. He tries every wine he buys! We had a bottle of italian wine with pizza. Was fantastic. Great ambiance. Love the place and now Im a regular. You can even reserve the back area for a party or event. I just did!!!

Los Angeles
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Finally in Atwater Village”
Reviewed March 14, 2008

We had a lovely evening at this new wine bar Saturday night. The owners are extremely friendly and happy to be there. The main floor has a great selection of Italian, Spanish and other wines to look through and purchase - also different champagnes and some beers, too. Downstairs in the basement tasting room (super cozy), we sampled some delicious Italian whites, Italian reds and Spanish reds. The wine host was extremely nice, knowledgeable and not pretentious at all (very refreshing). We ordered a cheese plate to go with the reds - she selected an amazing (and generous) variety of cheeses that were all delicious. Also ordered a meat plate - very good. You can nibble on olives, nuts, etc., too. (Ask for a mini-tour with the owner.) After the tastings, we asked the wine host to recommend a couple of different reds for us to finish out the evening with. His choices were right on, based on what we had enjoyed tasting with him. We ended up purchasing a couple of bottles upstairs. What a great addition to this wonderful community. Go and enjoy.