“Consistently good experience!”

Ristorante Bella Vita
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Bella Vita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 85 Restaurants in Los Altos
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Main Street and San Antonio Road
Transit: VTA stops at First and Main Streets.
Description: Ristorante Bella Vita is located in downtown Los Altos on First Street and serves Northern Italian Cuisine. Our dishes are prepared the finest and freshest ingredients featuring ever changing daily specials. We offer a full bar with an exceptional Wine list.
Westerville, Ohio
“Consistently good experience!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I have been here a number of times with work colleagues after all day meetings, and have not been disappointed! Had the Veal Marsala and the Alfredo and both were quite good! Highly recommend the Grgich Hills Zin!

• Visited March 2014

San Marcos, California
“Date night restaurant”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Loved this little place. Would have given it five instead of four, but the lobster in my risotto was way past its prime. Everything else was perfect, tasty, and well served. My husband had a Caprese salad, lasagna (a special), and creme brulee. I had a Greek salad, lobster risotto (also a special of the day) and tiramisu. We would definitely go there again. We were on our way to somewhere else, so when I discovered the bad lobster, I didn't send it back -- Just ate the risotto, which was very, very good, and left the lobster on the plate. I mentioned it to our waiter so he could let the chef know not to serve it to anyone else. When we got the check, the waiter had taken the desserts off to make up for it. Very nice. We almost had the place to ourselves, since it's the Friday after Thanksgiving.

• Visited November 2013
Palo Alto, California
“Nice lunch spot”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

A friend & I went to use a Groupon before it expired. We had the misto appetizer for two & each had a salad. The four items on the misto were excellent -- it was perfect for two people to split. We ate every bite of it. Our salads were also very good & attractively served. We each added protein (shrimp or chicken) & that really bumped up the price. They too were completely consumed. The warm bread they served with the food was superb -- it might have been an herbed pizza dough. The service was attentive & we didn't need to ask for anything.

I did look a the menu on-line before going & that helped as the menu is pretty extensive. The prices are a bit higher than I like to pay for lunch, but the food has been good every time I have been there. The restaurant wasn't crowded so the noise level was low. The atmosphere is very nice; understated and calm.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank MarcieBCA
Palo Alto, CA
“very mixed”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

While we thoroughly enjoyed our visit first to this restaurant, our second dinner here left a lot to be desired. Even though we had a reservation, we stood around for a full 5 minutes before the hostess even greeted us, and the service the rest of the evening was mediocre. The food was okay - portions were so-so and the ingredients didn't taste as fresh as they should have. We even sent back a caprese salad because the tomatoes, which are in full season now, were tasteless. We will probably not return here soon.

• Visited August 2013
Oakland, California
“Pretty good”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We made reservations at the last minute for a Saturday night family dinner in Los Altos. I figured if it could take us at the last minute, how good could it be? Turns out - pretty darn good. With five of us, we had a variety of foods - soups, salads and various pastas. Everything was delicious - much better than I expected. And it was much more lively than expected as well. It wasn't entirely full, but it had a decent crowd.

• Visited April 2013