“An excellent casual middle eastern food cafe.”
Review of Cafe Nur

Cafe Nur
Ranked #39 of 87 Restaurants in Los Altos
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Our family really like middle eastern food and so we have tried every place on castro street and Los Altos. This is the best of the bunch. The cold appetizer plate was wonderful. Each dish had it's unique taste and it was very fresh and well prepared. The food flavor was excellent. We all enjoyed our food and have decided this is the best in the Los Altos/Mountain View area.

1  Thank Nina961
There are newer reviews for Cafe Nur

Reviewed April 9, 2014

This is one of the best restaurants I have ever visited and its owner is very friendly. You will enjoy the variety of tasty dishes.

3  Thank Moh_Samir
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Had lunch here with my sisters recently and will definitely come back. Very small with only 15 or so seats. I had the lamb and beef gyros salad...very tasty, delicious dressing on the salad. My sisters were also very satisfied with their meals, with one loving the hummus and baba ghanouj. Also enjoyed their complimentary hot tea served just as we were finishing our meals...perfect with their very rich, but very good baklava.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

It's a tiny little restaurant on Main St., open all day for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I've never had breakfast here, but the lunches are delicious - falafel, hummus, baba ghanoush, kebabs, etc. Everyone in our family likes this place, and there are tables outside.
I like that it's family-owned, and the owners are kind and take pride in taking care of their customers.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

What a great, hole-in-the-wall find! The owner is so kind and friendly, the menu is extensive and excellent, and the food is really delicious. I tried both the salmon souvlaki plate and the falafel plate... LOVED each one! And I'm picky about falafel, but theirs is flavored perfectly and fried to perfection. The hummus that comes with is great as well. The salmon was flaky, meaty, tender, and simple-- but really great. Even the salad that came on the side was much more involved and creative than usual.

We finished the meal off with some baklava, which was a great choice. It was so good!! Not too dry or too wet... mmmm.

It's not exactly a great value in terms of portion size. We were satisfied by the portions but not necessarily full-- so for hungry kids, this may not be an ideal choice. For a date night, though--or a more intimate dinner with friends--five stars!

1  Thank ajhorse21