“This place is CLOSED”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: (650) 397-5620
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This restaurant is closed - but a wonderful kebab place has opened in the Plates old space. All the terrible reviews you read about Plates are true. But really, check out the Village Kebab or Kebab Village. It's wonderful.

1  Thank Thumper E

Reviewed July 14, 2012

After reading reviews from here and Yelp, my wife and I took a chance and it was a complete mistake. Service was totally spotty and food was way overpriced and nearly tasteless. Had no atmosphere and I continually heard yelling from one lady that I believe owns the place.

The BS about having NY charm is silly. My parents are from NY, I go back all the time, I eat at dives and the best restaurants and there is no charm there. It's an insult to all New Yorkers and the state to make such an association.

If I closed my eyes and ate this food next to The Olive Garden or Pasta ?, I'd still pick it dead last even though I've eaten at those two restaurants 3 times in 10 years.

3  Thank fynediner
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This restaurant is NOT under new management. Christy West is still the owner of Plates! She also runs new leaf and gramercy park catering. I urge anyone interested in soliciting this business to read all the reviews posted about her. I would not give a person like this a red cent of my money ever again! If you are committed in supporting business owners that treat their clients and employees like trash then this is this place for you!

7  Thank la_matt32655
Reviewed April 15, 2012

my wife and I recently took adriving vacation in California. We checked the reviews online and don't understand the two not so good reviews. The service was great and the food was incredible. We hail fromTexas and the Latin food was spot on. We look forward to visiting again. Don't miss this when you are in the neighborhood.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

We enjoyed our dinning experience @ Plates Los Altos. We found the atmosphere to be peaceful. So many restaurants are crowded and loud, @ Plates Los Altos we could actually relax and enjoy our conversation. The food is homemade to order, so we enjoyed our wine while we waited. They had the best soups I have ever had! Dinner was worth the wait! Our server was pleasent very kind and polite. It was really nice to try something different for a change, and I am glad we did. I would recommend Plates in Los Altos for a peaceful relaxing dinning experience.