“Good fried rice. Average Pho with variety of meat types. Quite cheap.”

Pho Vi Hoa Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 85 Restaurants in Los Altos
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Stanford, California
“Good fried rice. Average Pho with variety of meat types. Quite cheap.”
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Pho Vi Hoa so many times. I personally like the shrimp fried rice and the pho with all the variety of meat (meatball, tendon, roundeye steak, ...) (p-12). The food is well worth the price. This is probably the best pho around the area.

The cheap price does not mean the service cannot be better though. I would appreciate less blunt sentences and more smiles from the staff. That does not cost them anything and would probably land them more tips :)

• Visited May 2013

Redfield, AR
“Every trip to San Francisco, I'm Drawn to the Pho....”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Every time I visit friends in San Francisco, I must visit (usually multiple times) Pho Vi Hoa in Los Altos. It is my favorite Pho stop. The broth is beautifully clear and perfectly spiced, and the ingredients you can add are all fresh and thoughtfully prepared. If you try and go for lunch, do yourself a favor and go around 11am, cause if you wait until noon, you'll wait to be seated., Also, you are expected to seat yourself but if you're alone don't go for a booth if it's close to noon or the proprietor will give you grief for taking up too many seats!!

• Visited March 2013
San Francisco, California
“Good authentic Vietnamese in peninsula”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a pretty good Vietnamese restaurant in the area, more authentic than many others. We didn't get pho that day, although almost everyone in the restaurant was eating pho. I had the grilled pork chop and grilled shrimp rice. The shrimp was great. the pork chop was too dry. My coworkers ordered Vermecelli. We also ordered the spring rolls, which I thought was pretty good. I ordered something called three-bean drink. More like a dessert thing but it was a bit too filling. Sweet bean soup is an acquired taste, so if you didn't grow up with it, you are unlikely to enjoy it. Not worth a special trip but if you happened to be in the area and want some Vietnamese food, this is a good place to check out.

• Visited February 2013
San Francisco Bay Area
“Excellent Pho!!”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

In the past couple years, I have built a major need for Pho on a routine basis.

I found Pho Vi Hoa because it was the nearest high rated Pho lunch option for me, given the proximity to my workplace in Palo Alto.

I have not eaten at the restaurant, as I always call ahead and use take-out. My order is always ready when I arrive about 10 minutes later.

The take-out Pho is done in a great way, with wonderful segregration of ingredients for my combination once I'm ready to eat. They have a tremendous number of on menu options of various meats and other additions. Plus I believe they will let you customize as you want. I have a standard order.....Small #6

I've gotten to try Pho at several places on the peninsula.....and this restaurant is one of the best in my view.

Price point is excellent......quality is excellent....take-out service is very efficient.

They can be very busy especially later in the week. If your picking up take-out...just go right to the cash register, pay and go.

• Visited December 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“the place to go for your pho fix”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Was first introduced to Pho Vi Hoa by a coworker and now it is a place we frequent whenever in the Silicon Valley area.

It is sort of like a comfort food for jet-lagged and really exhausted business travellers like us and there is also a vegetarian version for their popular pho now.

We will also order the Vietnamese coffee (cold) to go with our pho and I must say the coffee is really 'potent' and good!

Been to quite a few Vietnamese restaurants in the States such as in Philadelphia, Texas and Los Angeles, I think this is one of the best so far.

The decor is typical and nothing fancy.. sometimes I do find it can be too dark inside.. ventilation's also kind of poor and you tend to smell of food after finishing your meal..
Apart for these, no complaints!

• Visited April 2012