“Ok stay”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Los Altos
Long Island
“Ok stay”
Reviewed December 10, 2009

I recently stayed here for 2 nights. Hotel was clean. Parking is underneath in a garage. Hotel lobby is nice with a tiny bar. There is no restaurant for dinner - just for breakfast. Room was ok but working at the desk was a little tight. Wireless internet was terrible. Dropped my connection contstantly. I used the wired connection, but that was painfully slow. Staff wasn't too knowledgable of local restaurants.

Overall, it was a pretty good place to stay but could be improved.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
notredamemom
Reviewed December 4, 2009

I traveled to Palo Alto with husband and kids to watch the Stanford-ND game. The only good news out of that trip (as our ND lost) was the hotel! This hotel caters to the guests by providing some very nice touches -- including free coffee and treats in the lobby (24/7) a tiny but quaint bar to unwind from 5-10pm (the bartender stayed open a half hour later for us, and the manager even comped a round of drinks for everyone at the bar) Rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet -- and I am very picky about cleanliness. Only 3 miles (straight down the main road) to Stanford. If visiting Stanford, stay here!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank notredamemom
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 10, 2008

Great place to rest your head. I arrived during a chamber of commerce mixer in the lobby. Hotel staff was busy, yet treated me with the utmost respect. The greeting was warm and sincere. My room was just right, and clean. I had an adult beverage at the hotel bar. The Hotel Bartender was super cool, forget his name, but he is a college DJ during the day, made me feel like I had been there before. The GM of the hotel even greeted me. Everyone was nice. I really enjoyed this place. I will return here. This place was nice, real nice. That is what Mr. Kurl thinks!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
Bavaria
Reviewed August 26, 2008

We stayed at the Courtyard Los Altos for 2 nights and it was an excellent stay. Our room (2nd floor) was large and very clean, everything worked very well. Great "library" with several computers, printers and stationery. I especially liked the pool area - nice and quiet, and pool is large enough for a good workout swim if you get the pool for yourself. Breakfast was also very good. Staff was very friendly throughout. Everybody there did a good job and I can't wait to go back!

• Liked — Pool and courtyard
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cincinnati
Reviewed July 25, 2008

Just what I expected and wanted. Clean, comfortable, and quiet accomodations. Room was spacious, bed comfortable, and staff friendly. I'd stay here again.

Stayed July 2008
Fairport, New York
Reviewed July 13, 2008

If you're in the Palo Alto/Stanford area and don't plan on spending much time in your hotel room, this place is great. Its clean, right on the main drag, and for $149 and less you can't go wrong. Secure parking underground also.

Stayed July 2008
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed October 29, 2007

I stayed at the Courtyard for five nights, October 21 - 26, as part of a group of nine travelers on a business trip. This Courtyard was about four miles from where we needed to be in downtown Palo Alto, so about 15 minutes in morning traffic. There were certainly other hotels around that were closer, but none with the availability and price point that we wanted. We got a group rate of $179/night (plus taxes, naturally).

The hotel offered free wireless (and wired) internet access in every room. (Strikes me as a must for a business hotel - it's amazing that places still get away with charging $10/day.) I had a room with a King bed overlooking El Camino Real (not a great view, but I wasn't bothered by it), and an iHome alarm clock with an iPod dock built in - nice touch.

The mattress was pretty comfortable and shower water pressure was nice. TV selections were reasonably sparse, although they did have pay-per-view movies that I didn't use.

Free coffee/tea is available in the lobby during the morning hours. There's also a breakfast buffet that is very nice. If I recall, $11 included breads, cereals, juices, fruits, and eggs cooked to order. There is a free business center in the lobby area with PC and Macintosh workstations and printers. (I guess being down the road from Apple's Cupertino headquarters helps with their Bay Area market share...) Also a nice touch that this is free - made printing out boarding passes for the return trip very easy.
There's a very nice workout room - they provide a basket of fruit if you want to munch on an apple when you finish your workout. Also, there's a guest laundry (pretty small, but I didn't use it.) Finally, garage parking under the building is provided at no additional charge.

If there was a downside, it was that the walls in the rooms were pretty thin. You definitely heard people moving about in the hallways, and although I wasn't particulary bothered, some of my team members had louder folks in adjacent rooms.

So, this definitely worked for our team and I think it pretty likely that we would stay there again.

• Liked — Room rate included wireless internet access and garage parking.
  • Disliked — Thin walls annoyed a couple of my team members.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank arnewman
Crowne Plaza Palo Alto
#10 of 27 in Palo Alto
Hilton Garden Inn Palo Alto
Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel

Been to Courtyard Palo Alto Los Altos? Share your experiences!