Courtyard Palo Alto Los Altos
Hotel Aria(Mountain View)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsdonut holespalo altocomfortable bedslobby barexercise roomfree parkingpool areastandard marriottironing boardcommon areasfree pizzawould stay againbusiness tripstanford universitymountain vieweast coastcoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed at this property for a single night before a campus visit with my daughter to Stanford. We experienced the standard Courtyard by Marriott stay - nothing magical but nothing terrible. The room was comfortable and quiet (request a room that does not overlook busy Camino Real). Check-in and out was friendly and efficient. We enjoyed a few hours poolside - the outdoor courtyard really is lovely and much nicer than many other Courtyard properties. I appreciated the gated, secure underground parking. The only complaint I had was the construction - right outside our window beginning at 8am. Ugh.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2014

At the time of staying here, there are renovations ongoing of the lobby, so on the positive, there's extensive seating areas and a nice open business center. Makes it convenient to meet up, work or chill. Rooms are good, but like many things in this area, overpriced. We all want a nice place to stay, but just as important is the customer service, which has been at the extremes. The night woman who goes by the name Rizza was extremely rude, unprofessional and we almost cancelled our reservation just because of her attitude. Not sure who's bright idea was to hire her (she apparently is a night auditor), but she should NEVER be interacting with customers. During the day, had a very different experience with a nice woman. In the evening, the guy running their brand new bar told a guest who asked for a cup of water that they don't do that...he can only buy bottled water. Really? So, if you plan to come here, be prepared to pay a lot and unless they figure out how to renovate the staff, not just the lobby, they are just an average hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KellyXYZ
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Courtyard by Marriott is a good hotel located in Los Altos. There is a bus stop nearby and it is easy to travel to the Palo Alto Transit Center. The rooms are good and clean, and staff is courteous. Would recommend this hotel if you do not mind taking the transit to Palo Alto Transit Center (and then walk to University Ave, etc).

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We stayed 4 nights beginning on a Thursday. Made 2 reservations due to a last minute change in plans. I walked in at 8 am since I was changing hotels just to see if a room might be available. It was like I was asking for something special. I was met by 2 front desk staff, one who was in training, whom stated that they had been sold out and would be sold out again. Since I had 2 reservations and needed help cancelling one, we asked them to do this. Blank stares. We then asked if they could call us when our room was ready, we were told that was not possible since housekeeping was not going to arrive until after 8am. Not seeing the connection, we asked again and were met with blank stares again. When we arrived at 3pm, check-in time, the room was not ready still. At this point, we contacted the supervisor who was horrified that we had been treated this way. A room was made ready and when we were given the keys by one of the initial ladies, we were handed the keys without a word. No explanation of the nightly snacks, welcome gift since we are platinum etc. They ended up making it right with a great room, points, apologies etc. But wow, I had not ever expected such a bad day and that wax what the trainee thought was good customer service. We were told numerous times that this was not the way they run the hotel. Rick was great throughout and ask him for help if you need anything. We are willing to try again for do-over. The gym was getting renovated and should be great. Rooms are recently renovated, standard.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2014

A family member was admitted to Stanford Medical Center. I needed a hotel to spend a few days. Unfamiliar with the area I found a hotel I was familiar with. All hotels in the area are very expensive. I found a weekend rate on the web. Based on previous experience with MarriottI booked a room I could afford
When the doctor told us, after I had checked out, that the patient would have to stay one more day, I called the hotel and they extended my reservation 1 more day at the current rate.
The manager agreed to extend my stay at the web price.
The staff was excellent. Nice little bar & restaurant in the lobby. Met all my needs.
Room was clean, bed was soft, refrigerator in the room and free internet service.

Room Tip: If you are ever in need of somewhere to stay in Palo Alto check out the Courtyard by Marriott
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo