“great location and good property”

Courtyard Palo Alto Los Altos
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Los Altos
San Diego, California
“great location and good property”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

It is a neat and clean hotel and in a great location. It is in a safe neighborhood, at least from what I could make out. The first thing I do when I enter a hotel is to look down. The state of the carpet and smell generally tells me what else to expect. There are many restaurants, grocery stores and pharmacies within walking distance. The room was clean in every way. It also had a refrigerator. The breakfast comes at a price and has variety. The ironing board pad was useless, in fact downright deplorable. A good iron and ironing board are one of the essential items for a business traveler. I ended up putting the comforter and a sheet on top of the board. The wireless was useless in the room. There was no connectivity. The signal strength fluctuated between no connectivity and one bar. I ended up using my phone. I tried it only in the room. I did not try in the lobby. They have a pantry that is open 24 hours. Apart from some packaged items, they also keep sandwiches that are freshly made on site every day. I stayed for 2 nights. All in all, it is a good hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank kishores

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
N. California
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stay here several times a year when visiting family and friends in the area. It is about what you would excpect from a Courtyard. Rooms are clean and recently updated, the location is convenient to freeways and major roads. They have a nice patio area with firepits.

On our last visit the fan in our bathroom did not work, despite several calls to the front desk and maintenance it was never fixed. If I had not stayed here previously, I would have rated service as "poor". However, I left my cell phone charger in the room and they fed ex'd it to me right away, and over all the customer service is very good...

This is a good solid choice on weekends when the rates are lower, but during the week I cant see paying $250-290.

Room Tip: Request a courtyard view. Rooms overlooking the pool area can be noisy during the summer
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is a very nice Courtyard. I felt that it was a couple of steps up from what I expect at the brand. It's got the standard Courtyard layout but the furniture and fittings were much nicer than usual. Free underground parking and wifi.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank lark536
Oakland, California
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We always stay at this hotel when we visit family. This hotel offers so many extras that I have never seen in ANY other hotel, and we are used to staying at very nice places. They have popcorn and house made donuts that the kids always enjoy and evening free hot appetizers. Free coffee in the lobby in the mornings and a small lobby bar in the evenings. The breakfasts are always enjoyed as well as a small snack bar. The lobby is very comfortable with a piano and a fireplace with plenty of seating and this flows out into outdoor patio couches with a fire pit as well. The pool and hot tubs are enjoyed by all and are always clean. The rooms are big and spotless and the beds are so comfortable. Something about this hotel feels like home and the level of customer service is outstanding.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh PA
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights for Silicon Valley Code Camp. The room - 2 queen size beds - was fine. The beds were comfortable, but not amazing. The shower was pretty good. The dressing area/sink was a little small, but workable. The breakfast was expensive and average. The underground parking was nice to have. The location was pretty convenient for what we needed, even though there weren't really any restaurants within walking distance.

Judging by those experiences alone, I'd go with 3 stars.

But the outdoor courtyard, with the fire pits and chaise lounges, was an awesome place to spend a chilly Northern California night. Especially curled up with a glass of wine and a Kindle after a long flight. And the bar in the lobby, complete with wine, player piano, free appetizers and a couple of nice TVs, was also very good.

So I'm adding a star for those amenities. If they're not your thing, and you just need a place to crash, you might be able to do better (I'm honestly not sure... the price we paid was pretty reasonable for Silicon Valley).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Northern California
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have stayed in this Courtyard for two nights a year for several years as I consider it the best value close to Stanford Hospital.
- I can not imagine how the staff could be any better.
- The lobby is elegant and includes a grand piano guests are allowed to play. There are usually some kind of free (usually simple) nibbles
- Parking has always been available.
- The free Business Center contains a long row of computers and they work well.
- Wifi is free and works reasonably well.

Room Tip: Anything opening onto the the beautiful courtyard.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My experience matches others. Expensive for what you get but nice and nothing was wrong. Staff was friendly and helpful. Wi-Fi was included and worked fairly well but was slow at times for vpn based email etc. Watch out. The breakfast appears to be free/included until you get the bill for around $15 per person. We got our bill after we ate. Underground parking is nice. Room was clean and a good size. One small problem with TV but they sent maintenance up right away and they fixed it quickly. About 20 minutes from SJC.

Room Tip: Free drink Mon -Thursday with coupon
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
#10 of 27 in Palo Alto
Homewood Suites by Hilton Palo Alto
Hilton Garden Inn Palo Alto
Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel

Been to Courtyard Palo Alto Los Altos? Share your experiences!