All reviewspalo altolong stayliving areafree breakfastgreat place to staymain buildingwhole foodssilicon valleyan extended stayhotel buffetahead of timeonly complaintrestaurants within walking distancethe noise levelsmall pooltaking advantagehotel experience
Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

The housekeeping is barely nonexistent. The room is dirty and when you ask for clean towels or just to pick up the garbage it takes forever for the employees to come. They don’t even change the sheets of the bed even if you have been here several days. I highly recommend to find a better option rather than stay here.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
Amelia A, General Manager at Residence Inn Palo Alto Los Altos, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2018

Dear Marizhayes,

I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Your recent experience
has been addressed with the team to further improve our services.

We hope to welcome you back should your future travels take you back to the Bay Area.

Take care,
Amelia H. Anastacio

Reviewed June 11, 2018

I stayed here July 2017- end of September 2017 for work. I travel 100% for work. I always call ahead and ask for the top floor of whatever hotel I am in. This did not happen. Next day I was moved, but then they moved me to above the parking lot. I dealt with it for a while, but I got tired of being woken up in the wee hours with luggage noises, I asked to move again and I was finally I was given a top floor in a more quiet corner. For those of us who are long-term, I wish this request wasn't so hard to acheive.

Location was great! Whole foods was within walking distance. Sprouts also across the street. The Counter for a good burger when needed also close. Target not too far away. CVS across street. A little bit down El camino real was a really good chinese vegan place. I also found a great accupunturists down the street. Dr. Daisy Liu. :-)

It is an hour south of San Fran, so I only went into the city for work. Palo Alto is close by with some shopping there.

Overall, location was great. I like Marriott's because one can open windows. Breakfast is good, but they really do need to change it up more. These are extended stays and people stay for MONTHS. I only eat the breakfast upon arrival and departure now when needed, because I am just tired of the same old food offered every day. I make my own breakfast in the room.

There is a good little walking trail nearby if you get out an explore. Half Moon Bay is not too far away and well worth the little drive! :-)

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Amelia A, General Manager at Residence Inn Palo Alto Los Altos, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and we are glad to know you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you the next time you travel to Los Altos.

Have a wonderful week.

John Laminero
Front Office Manager
Residence Inn by Marriott - Los Altos

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

Arriving after 17 hours and being told I had to pay 17usd for parking over a 300 usd rate x day ... this is stupid and made me feel not welcome.

The room was big but they never replaced the linen nor the shampoo or bath gel.

The breakfast was really poor and the swimming pool not properly cleaned.

It I paid 60/80 usd i could give 3 stars but at 300usd i expect a completely different service

Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank the_expert_traveler

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn Palo Alto Los Altos and providing your honest feedback.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. We have shared your feedback with our team members to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent future occurrence moving forward.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Los Altos.

Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

I’ve travelled across the US a lot but I’ve yet to experience a better stay than this place. The check in team and waiting staff were very friendly and professional, the room was white glove clean with good amenities. Whilst without a restaurant they do a great buffet breakfast and on certain days offer a complimentary happy hour with drinks and food. The gym is 24 hours and well stocked, the outdoor pool is open early till late and we’ll heated. I’ll certainly be looking for other Residence Inn options when I next travel to the US.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Charmie R, Manager at Residence Inn Palo Alto Los Altos, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Dear Y2KLA, thank you SO much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback! We sincerely appreciate your rating and praises. We will certainly share this with our team! We look forward to welcoming you back when you're in Los Altos!

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

I stay here often when I travel for work. This hotel has everything needed for a quick overnight stay. It’s clean and the staff is nice. Walking distance to restaurants. One issue is that it always takes forever for my Marriott point to hit my account when I stay here.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business

Dear Angie R.

We hope to see you the next time you travel to Los Altos.

Have a wonderful week.