“Great Place for breakfast”
Review of Rick's Cafe

Rick's Cafe
Ranked #20 of 93 Restaurants in Los Altos
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I recently had breakfast at this cafe in Los Altos and would go back again when the opportunity presents itself. The cafe was very busy on a Sunday morning , but the service was impeccable. We were promptly seated and served coffee and given menus. The selection is amazing and varied. You can't go wrond with the omelletes. I had the veggie and it wa sloaded with fresh veggies and instead of potatoes and bread, opted for the fruit at no exra charge. The cafe was clean, the bathrooms immaculate and the food devine. You won't be dissapointed.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

If you want healthy or decadent, eat here. Just eat here. Prices are good, quality is phenomenal. Get the dungeness crab salad: Huge mound of crab and $10 cheaper than anywhere else. Omelets, anything you can do with eggs, and they have egg white options. A little pacific rim, a little mexican, it's a california treat for any kind of eater. You will go back.

1  Thank jazzjunkysue
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have eaten at Rick's two days in a row (that tells you something right there!) I found the food to be very fresh, visually appealing in the plating, delicious, and a good value for you money. The portions are just right...not to big and not to small. When I dined there on Tuesday I arrived after the lunch rush (around 1:30). Service was exceptional at every point of contact (hostess, server, bus staff, and even servers who weren't handling my table). Today we arrived in the thick of the rush...the place was packed yet service did not suffer one bit! Again food came to the table fresh, delicious, and beautifully presented on the plate. I will return soon because the menu has so many interesting sounding dishes along with the standard American diner fare. TIP: If you can get a table outside or in the back of the restaurant do it. The front of the restaurant gets a bit noisy but otherwise I enjoyed every minute at Rick's.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

It was busy on a Sunday morning, but we waited less than 10 minutes for a table. Cute decor and not too noisy. The service was friendly and efficient. We particularly appreciated that they kept a pitcher of ice water and a pot of fresh coffee at the table so we could help ourselves to refills. They also served fresh jam instead of the usual packets--a nice touch. The menu was extensive, the portions were large, and everything seemed very fresh. We ordered the Eggs Benedict which were perfectly prepared and tasted delicious. The strawberry waffles were also a big hit. Highly recommend.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Tried this place last weekend and there's a pretty good variety of menu items available. My husband ordered an omelette with lots of protein and I chose the tropical pancakes with pineapple, banana, and coconut. The pancakes themselves had banana, coconut and a few macadamia nuts in the batter--YUM!--and then came topped with the pineapple and more banana and coconut. I have to say the pineapple should be eaten before pouring on the syrup because that was just not a good mixture for me, but the rest of it was delicious! I had a few bites of my husband's omelette to balance out all those carbs and it was pretty good, but the pancakes were the star of the morning.