“Great place for a great lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Quackenbush - CLOSED

Cafe Quackenbush
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating
Los Alamos, California
“Great place for a great lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

They have delicious food and a great atmosphere. The sandwiches are really good and large.
My daughter took me here for lunch when I was visiting her and the food and service were great!

• Visited October 2013

“Great road trip stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Stopped during long drive home. Awesome pulled pork and cole slaw sandwich with apple cider vinegar BBQ sauce. 4 out of 5 is as high as I go -- unless it's El Bulli. Worth getting off 101 for a visit.

Santa Ynez, California
“Poor service, couldn't even get coffee -”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

We got a bad taste of this place as the people at the counter wouldn't wait on us or even acknowledge our existence. All I wanted was coffee and yet despite two or three employees working at the front of the restaurant not one would acknowledge us. They were busy but they could have said "We'll be with you in a moment!" or something to tell us they cared about our business. After an older lady elbowed me out of the way to get in front of us, we both left. Not going back to this place.

• Visited February 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Wonderful breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

Delicious food made with fresh ingredients, good prices, and 5-star service in a comfortable casual cafe. We had vegetable frittata and chicken sausage omelet. Both were delicious as were the coffee and tea. We'll be back.

• Visited December 2013
Ludhiana
“Best Hamburger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stumbled upon this nice little restaurant by chance. While driving from SF to LA was feeling a bit hungry and exited the nearest Food sign. I was in Los Alamos town. after driving down the main street 2-3 times i stopped at this Cafe which looked very calm and quiet. actually i felt all of the town was very very calm and quiet as i did not see any people around. It was like watching an old western classical where you could see an almost ghost town.
Anyway the Cafe has indoor and outdoor seating as well. The waitress who took my order was too charming. She was super active and and charming. She helped me with the Menu and we ordered A Classical Hamburger and smoked salmon.
The Hamburger was so well done that now I can say this is what a Hamburger should be !!
My partner also relished the Salmon as did I.

I could visit Los Alamos again just for the Hamburger.

• Visited August 2013