All reviews poolside bar mid century private patio on site restaurant fire pit loaner bikes outdoor shower room service pool area continental breakfast alamos toiletries retro motel hip bed
Selected filters
Reviewed March 15, 2019

This review is for the restaurant. When we arrived everything was perfect. We were greeted by George, the manager, who is an absolute delight. We started out with craft cocktails at the bar with a gorgeous view. We were celebrating a dear friend's birthday, so after some cheese and charcuterie, we decided to stay for dinner. And that was probably a mistake.

The food I had was so bad, I actually sent back both started and main. First there was a warm chanterelle salad. It sounded delicious as I love chanterelles. I make them at home with French butter and parsley. These were greasy but not from butter, cold, and flavorless. The main course, a steak, tasted only burnt without any seasoning whatsoever. To add to this, after sunset, it was so dark in the restaurant we actually could not see our food without the help of a mobile phone flashlight app. We were told it was at the wish of the property manager, and George apologized.

We did enjoy desserts and the superb service from George. If it weren't for him, the bar tender, and the day time ambience, this restaurant would get 1 star.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 6, 2019

First off, we really enjoyed our stay here. We loved the room, the view, and heading into town to go antique-hunting. But what really put a damper on our stay was the unwelcoming front desk agent. From the moment we first arrived--a little ahead of schedule, so we anticipated not being able to check in early--we were met with a rude young woman at the desk who seemed to be immediately on the defense when we said we were checking in that night but knew we were early. I understand some guests can be difficult and want their room ready right when they arrive, but that's not who we are, and it seemed like she had already judged us the moment we walked in. No welcome to our property, no here's what you can do instead, etc. I've worked in hotels before so I know how this goes, a little courtesy goes a long way. We immediately did not feel welcomed. The next day we walked in and the same woman was there and had the same attitude towards our questions. Really, it just seemed like she did not want to be there and any person who asked her any question was a total nuisance. I'm not expecting you to roll out the red carpet, but at least pretend to like the guests? It was disappointing. Of course, the rooms are totally beautiful and the view is unmatched. But to be honest, we may try a different hotel next time.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank lucyswilliams
Reviewed January 26, 2019 via mobile

So, I remember when the Skyview was a mom and pop operation off the 101. My daughters and I would come and stay while we hiked and later played in the pool. Since the ownership change, I finally came to the newly opened Norman’s restaurant. Great service, fair prices and the food was excellent!! Not to mention the work they did on the premises. Very Nice!!!

I plan to be back with friends for the area, and restaurant. It was a winner.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2019

Motor parking in front of rooms gone, area now a garden, quiet and comfortable rooms. adjacent restaurant features impressive dishes and is affordable, no need to go in to Los Alamos for dinner but multiple great restaurants there.Pool, bikes for rent, funky fun feel.

Room tip: Room with fire place is larger and warmer, views of mountains and valley great from all rooms
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here two nights at Christmas (with 2-dogs) and truly loved the staff, services and every aspect of our stay.

The room was spotless - the bed comfortable - it’s a small room, but well designed. That being said, I do wish they had a dresser where we could have unpacked but that’s me.

The patio was a nice touch but it was raining and windy so we couldn’t use the fire pit - too wet to sit out but we’ll be back.

Norman - the on-site restaurant is nice - will do room service or go and hang in the dog-friendly bar and restaurant. Love that!

The dog fee is just $50 per dog for entire visit which is reasonable and our kids loved walking the area.

We have family in area but Los Alamos is also just a great place to explore - lots of wineries and fun food places (don’t miss Plenty on Bell!) Spend more than a couple of days here and enjoy the clean air, friendly folks, and fun places.

Date of stay: December 2018