“This was a Gem! Don't Miss it!!!”

The 1880 Union Hotel Tapas Lounge and Saloon
Ranked #7 of 14 Restaurants in Los Alamos
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Cruised into town and had a great meal at Bob's Well Baked Bread. His guests mentioned the Wine Saloon so I scooted over to check it out. I was greeted by a nice young women who helped me. They have I total of 8 wines. Some are Kate Hudson's and the others are Kurt Russel (GoGi) I ended up with a bottle of Pinot Noir "Angel Baby" . Don't Miss it!!!

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We had the Kurt Russell/Goldie Hawn label, and it was delish! Great staff - fun to play shuffleboard in between sips! The decor is phenomenal - seating areas of lavish old furniture and oversized leather reading chairs, barstools made from wine barrels. Great to sit and chat with the folks at the bar and the staff. Very nice - we will be back!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Set in the natural beauty of the garden and catered by the 1880 Union Hotel, the staff created an outstanding birthday celebration. A perfect setting to celebrate any milestone big or small! Your guests will be talking about the charm, service, and delicious food. Thank you Dan Thompson and staff for a memorable 30th Celebration!

1  Thank Erica F
Reviewed September 21, 2013

On our way to LA, we pulled in to have some lunch, I couldn't believe our luck when we spotted this magnificent building. We spent the first 15 minutes walking around taking photos, wow what a place. We didn't eat in the restaurant but we had lunch at the bar, hubby had Chicken Quesadilla with a locally brewed beer and I had chicken strips with a lovely glass of red. The lovely lady behind the bar was extremely friendly and made us feel very welcome. Make sure you add your dollar notes to the ceiling and enjoy the atmosphere.

2  Thank Bonnie M
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Staff was friendly but the restaurant is poorly run. We had to wait 45 minutes to get our food. My ribeye (supposedly their specialty) was tough. My husband's filet mignon was burnt. The manager was apologetic and stated that they had a "big party" (couldn't find any big party in the restaurant) and that the "cooks swapped" (????). We couldn't and didn't eat our food and went home hungry. Even our server expressed frustration about the kitchen staff and management. There was a country singer in the patio area when we arrived. The singing wasn't bad but the crowd consisted of overly-intoxicated men and women who can barely stand up and walk. If this place does not get a full make-over, it will definitely CLOSE.

1  Thank 977Victoria