“The New Undisputed Champion”
Review of Pico Restaurant

Pico Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 17 Restaurants in Los Alamos
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

First off you will fall in love with the decor and ambiance it’s comfortable and you know right off the bat that you are in the right place. The staff have are warm with a since of humor and you just feel like you walked on to Kevin Costner’s field of dreams...not because of baseball or grass field. Because you know in your stomach that something great is about to happen.
The menu was simple for being Sunday night....it’s called burger night. What I know about burgers that if they are done correctly they can show multiple layers of flavor and can be more of a piece of art than your local 3 dollar burger. We ordered the pumpkin and duck confit risotto which was lights out spectacular. I mean lick the bowl good people. I have had risotto all over the world and would put this in the top 3 category and would be a serious contender for numero uno. The chef came out to the table to greet us and he looks like Paul Bunyan. He’s a very large manly man with a beard and a hand shake that quickly engulfed my entire hand. I asked him if he was out chopping wood. Drew laughed and said “yes he was, because he uses wood to smoke the pork and burgers we were eating”. We had a brief conversation about making a quality burger. I knew right then and there this was going to be special. So we ordered the Chef Special Burger. You have no idea what is in it, they just ask you one question. Do you want it spicy or not?
What the chef prepared was not just a burger. It was THE Picasso burger. It and just about everything on it. Trumpet mushrooms sautéed, smoked pork, a perfect blend of burger, a farm egg, pickled radishes, pickles, some aioli that was so good I couldn’t tell you what it was. There was so much more I’m only touching on the things I remembered. My mind was racing with every bite, and with every bite there was a new flavor. My tastebuds were getting the ultimate workout and it was smoked brilliantly. Some guys over smoke the meat and it over powers the other taste. This left me in my seat with my eyes closed enjoying the transformation, I would never see a hamburger the same....ever.

Great job Drew and your staff. Hands down best meal we had on vacation. There is a lot of good chefs you went toe to toe with, and you came out on top.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed July 24, 2018

Don't let the quaintness of Los Alamos fool you; this town is filled with some of the best food we've experienced across our worldwide travels, and the food at Pico is no exception. We had an absolutely lovely dinner at Pico (by chance) after encountering the realization that many places in this small, sleepy town close much earlier than our big city schedule is used to. We were lucky enough to stroll into Pico moments before the kitchen closed. The staff was extremely accommodating to our late arrival, and we a terrific meal paired with some local wine. We are already planning our next trip back!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed July 23, 2018

Beautiful redesigned layout within the past year combined with terrific food,service and romance make this the best restaurant in this little town of Los Alamo. A well thought out wine list including their own LUMEN wines...including the most creative whiskey list n this entire area. Make it a half day visit... go to a few of the wine tasting rooms and then top it off with an early dinner at Pico . Or...just a wonderful evening dinner. Serving until 10:00 P.M. on Friday and Sats. is an added advantage for seeing a movie beforehand. A varied menu that can please anyone.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 27, 2018

Delicious food and drink with carefully designed portions. The owners and the chef, Drew add to the feeling of belonging there. Talking to Drew about his culinary creations is a bonus. He loves what he makes, and I get to eat it! The backyard experience is the perfect combination of comfort, quiet, and luxury.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed May 18, 2018

Wow, this old building has been renovated to almost perfection. We were pleasantly surprised with the beautiful interior. Happy to say that the food matched that sentiment! They even have a little kids playroom built under the stairs, probably about a 4 ft entrance, but cozy and small enough for the kids to feel like they are hidden in their own little playground! Get the shortribs!

Date of visit: May 2018