The Victorian Mansion at Los Alamos
Alamo Motel(Los Alamos)
  • Restaurant
Sideways Inn(Buellton)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsegyptian roompirate roomdumb waiterb bunion hotelwine tastinggypsy roomhot tubbreakfast was deliciousjapanese soaking tubfrench roomroom includesrooms are amazingromantic getawayroman suitewatching tvsanta maria
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 9, 2013

"Honey, do you want to stay in the Roman Room or the Pirate Room?" When my husband first asked me this question in 2012, I thought he was nuts. A B&B with themed rooms? Yikes! I'm so glad he proved me wrong. My husband and I first traveled to the Vick in May of 2012 for our anniversary and we immediately knew we wanted to return in 2013! Each room transports you with it's amazing details, from the knick-knacks, furniture, and murals! Beds our cozy, the bathtub is huge and luxurious, and Rod (the owner) does a wonderful job of ensuring your entire stay and journey through Los Alamos is perfect. We've stayed in both the Roman and Pirate rooms, and each one is a trip! A trip to wine country is not complete without a trip to Los Alamos, and The Vick is icing on the cake.

Room Tip: Every room is an adventure!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2013

What an amazing experience! We stayed in the Roman room and couldn't have asked for more! Every aspect of the room was themed, from the movies, to the decor to the jacuzzi. Bed was extremely comfortable. Rod, the proprietor, is nicest host ever. Really class act place. All the rooms have their own draw and detail. We rented a Harley out of Ventura, rode up the coast and stayed here for our anniversary. Best one yet (of 12)! Highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2013

By far the best place I have ever (caps wanted) stayed at. Both inn-keepers were phenomenal. Rod, the proprietor, is the heart of the place. There are only six rooms in the house, and we stayed in the 50's themed room. We viewed almost all the other rooms (less one because it was already occupied), and my boyfriend was in absolute awe of the room we stayed in. He is restoring a '64 Caddy, so to sleep in a '56 was far beyond any other experience he has had. The attention to detail in the rooms and the customer service has created a memory that will last a lifetime. We are already discussing what the next room will be that we stay in...if it isn't the the 50's room.
Highly recommend this place!!!(caps wanted)

Room Tip: No tips, just go!! (Caps wanted)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The Victorian Mansion at Los Alamos is one of my wife and my favorite places to stay anywhere. We have travelled extensively, and have stayed at some of the best hotels around. Our last stay was to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary, and it completely lived up to our high expectations. While we had planned to stay in the Gypsy suite to mirror our third wedding anniversary, we were given a tour of several of the other themed rooms by Tina, who was incredibly accomodating, friendly, and helpful. After seeing several rooms we decided to stay in the Egyption suite instead. We were not disappointed! Everything about how that, and all of the other rooms are decorated, makes it obvious that decorating, running, and maintaining this very special place was, and remains, a labor of love. Once you stay in one room, you will want to stay in other rooms on subsequent trips. Following our visit, Mr. Rod Rigole, the mansion's proprietor, personally called me to insure that our stay lived up to our expectations. The customer care we experienced is absolutely first rate. I can't say enought positive things about this unique location and how it is run. If you are looking for a very special stay while travelling up the California coast this is one place you should definitely check out.

Room Tip: That's difficult. The web site does not do each room justice. If you like the theme, you will likely be happy with the room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our stay at the Victorian Mansion was nothing short of wonderful. We were promptly greeted upon arrival and given a short history and tour of the mansion. Then to our room - the Egyptian Suite. The minute we stepped into the room we immediately felt like we had just been transported to another land. It's the perfect romantic getaway from the cares and worries of the outside world. The attention to detail was fantastic and the props didn't look cheesy at all. This was a surprise birthday gift for my wife and she loved it. We were very well treated by our hosts and felt relaxed and comfortable. I would highly recommend the Victorian Mansion.

Room Tip: All the rooms are fantastic. It depends on the kind of theme you're looking for. I can highly recommend the Egyptian room. Next time we're staying in the Pirate room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple