Tripadvisor
Los Alamitos
Post
Inbox
Search

“Yummy soups, etc... and GREAT service!”

Katella Deli Bakery and Restaurant
Order Online
Ranked #2 of 85 Restaurants in Los Alamitos
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were here today (1/21/2020) and I haven't been here in Years but my friend LOVES their soups and suggested we meet here. I can't even begin to express my appreciation and admiration for the type of service we received. It was a cold Tuesday and yet this huge restaurant was full with a waiting list to get in. We sat in the bar (and had coffee and tea because we were cold) until our table was ready. The server was great. When our table was ready, the manager (ADAM) transferred our things and was so friendly and nice. I couldn't believe it! Our server was Claudia and she was FABULOUS! Wow, excellent service beyond all expectations! Oh, and our soups were AMAZING (and the bread too!) I walked through the Deli/Bakery and even though I didn't get anything, it looked incredible and was extremely popular! Thank you Adam and Claudia, you guys are WONDERFUL!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (305)

Reviewed January 14, 2020

Don't enjoy coming here due to the disarray. Call in a to-go order and sometimes it will be ready in 15mins. Staff is not on task most of the time so bring your patience.

Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

I had a very good egg and cheese and bacon sandwich on a chiabota (spelling?) roll. Their orange juice tastes good, but I would love it if they had pulp in it. The service was fair. The parking lot is crowded which is a good sign. We had brunch. We walked over to the bakery deli side after eating, and everything looked amazing! When we arrived there was no wait, but when we left there was a wait for a table.

Reviewed January 5, 2020

You drive all the way to Anaheim to visit Disneyland, so why not drive a ways for a fantastic bakery and restaurant?
It's that good. Breakfast is a great deal. GO. You'll have to wait to be seated for dinner.

Reviewed December 10, 2019

Whenever I go to Katella Deli I'm split between the tuna melt and pastrami with the tuna melt usually getting ordered. But on every visit, I have to start with the crisp pickles and order a side of the best onion rings I have ever had.

Date of visit: November 2019