“Beautiful garden setting and delicious food!”
Review of Shenandoah Cafe

Shenandoah Cafe
Ranked #3 of 67 Restaurants in Los Alamitos
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Huntington Beach, California
“Beautiful garden setting and delicious food!”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I have been to Shenandoah twice over the last few months, once for dinner and once for lunch. On both occasions the service and food were outstanding. We had a group of 6 for dinner and tried the salmon, halibut, pork roast and roast chicken entrees - everyone was very happy....and the fritters are just the best!

• Visited May 2012

Huntington Beach, California
“Comfort food in nostalgic surroundings”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I was quite surprised to find out how good this quaint little restaurant was. I had passed by many times and tried it for dinner one day out of curiosity. To my delight they had excellent home style cooking: pot roast, meatloaf and other favorites not often found in restaurants of this high quality. I signed up for their birthday club.

Long Beach, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“High prices for average (at best) food.”
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Ordered halibut with crab cakes and sauteed spinach. What I got was overcooked halibut, average but good crabcake and creamed spinach (more like a dip). Another person in our party ordered the same exact dish and received sauteed spinach (this was on the menu). I didn't complain because 8 of us received our food at the same time. I didn't want to delay my meal. But creamed spinach vs. sauteed spinach is a huge difference for someone trying to eat in a healthy manner. And even more importantly, I couldn't eat the halibut and took it home and threw it away. Someone else at our table ordered the Riverwalk Steak and because it was almost all fat, she was given a free dessert. Just not acceptable for such high prices. I really expected to receive what I ordered, first of all. Secondly, I expect it to be decent and acceptable. I will not go back and will let other locals know of my experience.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank discriminating5349
Ventura, CA
“Classic Saturday Lunch”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I had the new pulled pork sandwich, my wife the BBQ salmon greek salad, my daughter the blackened salmon on sweet potato hash, and my son the grilled cheese and tomato sandwich. Started by staring at the koi fish in the luscious outdoor patio, and fried green tomatoes. With wine, the bill was $130, and was a totally lovely experience all around, thanks to Rian, our waiter.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank halloween80
Los Anageles
“Absolutely Tasty”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

You've got to try this. Folks in my neighborhood often name Shenandoah Cafe as a local favorite. I've been then mostly for lunch and the tri-tip sandwich is wonderful. Also, the salads are a top choice.

• Visited May 2011