“Unexpected goodness” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Large groups
Compton, California
“Unexpected goodness”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I've driven by this place for the five years that I've worked in the area. A coworker suggested that we try it for lunch one day. WOW! I was very surprised at the ambiance it held. We sat on the patio where the cushioned benches made you truly feel like you were in another country. The granite tables with the built in fire pits felt very luxurious. I ordered the chicken Marsala. OMG, it was a party in my mouth. I loved it! My coworkers had feta cheese french fries and rainbow fries. Also, amazing!

I went back a second time and split an order with a different co-worker. We shared the spinach ravioli and stuffed grape leaves. Not bad, but not great on the ravioli. It was my first time ever trying grape leaves. The sauce was amazing as was the filling, but I found the grape leaves themselves a little pungent. Still good, just didn't know what to expect.

This would be a great place for a date night!!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Long Beach, California
“Good Place To Go With Friends!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

If you are looking for good food and a place to go with a group of friends I highly recommend this restaurant. They have made some changes to the place. Added a great big patio for those people that love to eat outside plus they have updated their menu but kept the prices down which is really a plus this day and age. Friendly staff and manager. I've had many group activities here since they have a nice private room where you can have your luncheon or dinner. The corkage fee is only $5.00 which is truly a wonderful thing if you are a wine lover. The food is a mixture of Greek and Italian. The lamb chops are small and you only get three on the plate. One member in our party ordered them and they were overcooked, but had a good taste. Another person in the group loved their pasta dish. Said it was some of the best pasta he's ever tasted. Two people in the group ordered traditional Greek dishes and cleaned their plates. The appetizers were 'to die for' especially the flaming cheese Greek dish. All in all we closed the restaurant down. We plan to go back in the near future.

• Visited June 2013
Placitas, NM
“Affordable and consistently good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant advertises itself as Mediteranian. It actually has a nice variety of Italien and Greek food. I ordered Chicken Marsala, as did one other person, with whole wheat angel hair pasta. The portions are generous and attractively presented. It was deliciously smothered with fresh mushrooms and a delicious Marsala sauce. I started with a fresh house salad with balsamic vinaigrette. Needless to say, I could not finish all of it. This was our first visit but our in-laws, who are dear friends, assured us that you could order anything on the menu and be very happy and satisfied. After a delicious meal, with attentive service, we had a rather shocking surprise. Our bill, basically came to $30.00 per couple,before a tip. We were very pleasantly surprised. A good meal, good service, good company and an amazingly affordable bill, made for a great evening.

Portland, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Greek food at an amazing price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stumbled upon this restaurant & were pleasantly surprised. The food was excellent and huge serving sizes. The service was great & the girls were attentive to our needs. The food prices were much less than you might find in a comparable restaurant. We finished off the meal with some Baklava, and although it was not as sweet as I would have preferred, I received 2 pieces for a total of $3!!! How can you beat those prices. We will defiantly be returning here!

• Visited November 2012
“Unique and delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

service was good at this pasta restaurant with a Greek flair. The shrimp dishes we had were especially good. Interesting variations make this different and delicious.

• Visited August 2012