“Disappointing service and food”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Buono's Pizza

Buono's Pizza
Ranked #114 of 1,102 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Southern California
“Disappointing service and food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

My friend and I ate at Buono's beacause they offered an all you can eat carbo load buffet for participants of the Long Beach International City Bank Marathon/Half Marathon. My friend and I were very disappointed in the entire meal. When we arrived we went to the buffet table and the pasta was room temperature, not hot. There was no pizza available, even though pizza was listed on the menu on the flyer for the carbo load dinner. One of the servers said pizza would be coming out when I asked. When the pizzas arrived only two pizzas were brought out and were almost gone when I got there. I tried to get a second piece of pizza later on, and there was none set out. I spoke to a server who asked me if I had gotten a piece yet and I said I did have a piece and would like another. The server said she would have to check if more pizzas were coming out. It seemed to me that Buono's didn't want to serve pizzas and didn't care that this was all you can eat, they wanted to cut off service at 7:00pm. There were still alot of people eating the carbo load dinner buffet so there was no reason to not keep the food coming and to keep the food hot. I noticed the staff was having trouble having with one of the burners under the pasta, but they never seemed to have fixed the issued and the pasta in all of the chafing dishes was lukewarm. Buono's can and should do better. My friend and I will not be going back Buono's after this disapointing experience our first time there

• Visited October 2013

Riverside, Rhode Island
“Nice Cheeeesy Pie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Walked by after a day in Catalina. Ordered a Cheese Pizza delivered to a nearby hotel. No Problems. Delicious cheeeeeeesy pizza after a long day. Nice crust and plenty o cheese. Would have again.

• Visited July 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Just as good as last year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

This restaurant is an easy walk from the Hilton Long Beach, and has options on delivery, carry out or eat in. The atmosphere is very casual, but the food is well prepared and there is a small wine list. There's a wine bar and coffee bar next door for those who want other options. Good for kids - not a fussy place. you can sit outside or inside.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank barbara h
Merritt Island, Florida, USA
“Very good pizza at a reasonable price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I stopped at Buono's with business partners after a meeting and in my way to LAX. Reviews were mixed, but it seemed to be the best option. I was pleasantly surprised.

The restaurant smelled and looked clean when I walked in. I ordered a slice of pizza and a small side salad for less than $10. The pizza crust was light, crispy and breaddy. No greasy, soggy, drippy New York style here, it is more similar to Sicilian style. The toppings (sausage and mushrooms) were fresh. The salad bar featured romaine (no iceberg in sight) and a wide selection of fresh items.

You order at the counter, take a number and your hot food is brought out to you. Or you can opt for the lunch buffet.

I would definitely go there again.

Phoenix, Arizona
“excellent options”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Loved this place. Very low-key, and close to our hotel (Hilton).

Visited May 2012

Been to Buono's Pizza? Share your experiences!