“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Long Beach Airport

You added Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Long Beach Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Long Beach Airport
Ranked #29 of 57 Hotels in Long Beach
Long Beach, California
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

To much dismay, I was very worried about checking into this hotel after reading so many negative review, but I was pleasantly surprised.

The receptionist was very nice and polite when I checked in. On my way to my room, the hallway smelled of smoke and weed, but room itself was pleasant. There was a stove and fridge in the room. I didn't use the stove, but the fridge did keep my water chilled at a fairly decent temperature. The bathroom was clean; however I was very weary about the shower curtain. It seemed very permeable so I just adjusted the shower head to face inwards a little to avoid as much water splashing on the curtain. Overall, everything was clean and enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I recently sold my condo and needed a place to stay on a month to month basis, until I could relocate, I choose Extended Stay because of its location and at that time, the price, plus being able to work out of the Extended Stay Executive Suite. I checked into Extended Stay in April 2013, and end up staying until February 1st, 2014. I felt so comfortable and safe at this Long Beach Airport Location, the hotel staff was outstanding, genuine, down to earth, professional, yet had a good sense of humor. I would like to point out an interesting observation, being a Senior Level Contract Manager, I couldn't help but observed during my nine month Extended Stay, that the Lead Manager Carlos and his staff not only enjoyed having guests, such as myself around, but also showed a professional relaxation around their own boss, Carlos. During my stay, I noticed three staff members graduate into the next step of Hotel Management, and this made me feel I had witnessed an accomplishment, of seeing how this Hotel Operates, Makes sense, I felt I was a part of Carlos Extended Stay Family of Guests and Employees. All his employees, were so down to earth, and had a genuine sense of humor, plus I enjoyed my little chats while I was in the lobby, or walking up or down the hallways, where the housekeepers were always cleaning the rooms with a professional, friendly manner. What my leading true point to this review is during my nine month stay, I was solo, yet I never felt alone, for example, all my immediate family lives in Illinois, and I was not able to fly back during Christmas due a personal back injury while organizing my personal storage room. My first Christmas away from my Illinois family was bearable, not just because the Long Beach weather was sunny and warm, but mainly because I felt I knew Carlos and his staff well enough to be invited to hang out with them while they had their Employee Christmas Party. The Christmas Tree was beautiful, and the atmosphere at Extended Stay in Long Beach was happy and Cheerful, during the Holiday season, so that is why my review is called " Home is Where YOUR Suitcase Is !!!! Rick R.

Room Tip: Ask for a 3rd Floor level, in the corner facing east or west, away from Willow Street and if availab...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Rick R
Lake Elsinore, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Everything in the room and in the hallway smelled gross, the sink was in disrepair, there was a damp and moldy wooden bench in the bathtub. The upstairs guests were loud all night long, and no one answered at the front desk when needed. Never staying at an extended stay again!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Mommyslice

Travelers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Staff were excellent. Room much too expensive for a one-night stay and knowing the hour in which it was booked, too expensive.

Room has extensive facilities, excellent for long stays. Extra towels and pillows were already in room.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank RogerNoriega
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

The hotel is mediocre, nothing fancy but not a dump either. Check in was basic, the guy who checked me in was pleasant. My room was on the 3rd floor, as soon as I exited the elevator I could smell residual cigarette smoke throughout the hallway - as if at one time that was a smoking floor - but now it's not.

The room itself was decent, basic, and a good size. I did like the floors and decor - nice. I didn't use the kitchen except to make a pot of coffee in the morning. The only thing that turned me off about the room was the bathroom faucet, it had that green rust patina all over, and discolored. Also the tub drained slowly, the water was ankle level midway through my shower.

The following morning I went to check out the "breakfast" - don't except much, just some packaged breakfast bars, packages of oatmeal, a basket of apples and oranges, coffee, and tea.

Thankfully my stay was short, checked in at 9pm and was checked out at 8am. I don't think I would have liked it any longer than that.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Shandasb1
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We recently participated in the Long Beach half marathon and needed a place to stay the night before the race. The objective was to get a little extra sleep/rest the morning of the race and avoid the commute to Long Beach. Unfortunately, we waited until the last minute and most hotels in downtown Long Beach were booked. We opted for something near the airport, as it isn't too far from downtown Long Beach.

We decided on Extended Stay America in Long Beach because they had rooms available, the reviews were great and the rate was quite affordable. We also noticed they had a kitchenette, which was perfect because we could make breakfast prior to the race.

Upon arrival, the check-in process was smooth and the staff was professional and courteous. The room seemed great when we walked in and dropped our stuff off. We noticed the fridge was off when we put our groceries in, so we turned it on and that was fine. Later I noticed some leaves on the carpet and even in the bathroom sink, which I thought was a bit weird, but they were just leaves...could have been much worse. We left for dinner and thought nothing of it.

Overnight we discovered the bed and pillows weren't quite comfortable and there was a woman a few doors down yelling at a man, so we tossed and turned all night. In the morning, we learned that the stovetop burners didn't quite work; it took about 30 minutes for the tap water to get to a lukewarm temperature. The coffee pot also didn't seem to work. Fortunately, we were able to eat other food we brought and complement it with the grab & go breakfast available in the lobby.

We weren’t able to secure late check-out (check-out at this establishment is 11am), so we basically packed our stuff up and left at 6am when we headed out for the race.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Lissy G
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed here while searching for a new home in the area. I found it perfect for what I needed. Clean, courteous staff, small kitchenette, washer and dryer. They have a quick breakfast set up in the lobby with fresh fruit, oatmeal, breakfast bars, etc. just what you need if your in a hurry in the morning. My only complaint was that they need sliding doors to get into the lobby. Trying to get in and out through a heavy pull door with large luggage was awkward.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo