“Not bad”

Holiday Inn Long Beach (Dwtn Area)
Ranked #21 of 55 Hotels in Long Beach
Virginia Beach
“Not bad”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

location is key at this hotel. The only issue I had was the people who live right behind the hotel had the most annoying dogs and would not stop barking. Please I don't agree with charging $10 to park in their parking lot .

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Rob M
James M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Long Beach (Dwtn Area), responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Rob M, Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you found our location convenient. Our parking rates are actually the lowest of all the Long Beach Downtown hotels as parking can be very limited here in the city. We certainly hope that you will keep us in mind should your travels bring you back to Long Beach, thank you again for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed July 11, 2014

It's a very good hotel for who is looking a great stay with no luxury. The rooms has a good space, and the hotel service is also great. Specially Dylan.
The hotel has a parking, but for 12 dollars per night. The breakfast is ok, and I recommend to include in the price as the hotel it's not so close to restaurants, unless you have a car. Not good are for walking.
Great bed!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the last floor, less noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank RenatoCarneiro
RenatoCarneiro, Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel with other travelers on TripAdvisor. I truly believe that we are one of the best values in Long Beach. With our newly renovated facilities, our staff, and our modern cafe, our rates and parking are very competitive. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us here in Long Beach, we certainly hope that you'll keep us in mind for your next visit to Long Beach.
Queen Creek, AZ
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I spent the weekend in California on an out of state trip with my hubby. When I made my reservation I explained that I was going to be taking a trip to Catalina and wanted to use their shuttle transportation. I ended up reserving a travel package that included parking cost at the hotel, breakfast for 2, and free shuttle service to the Catalina Express port. When I came down stairs to request a shuttle drop off I was told it will be an hour. I informed the desk clerk I really didn't have an hour. She apologized saying that the shuttle driver had a lot of guests to drop off & couldn't get back for a while. She took it upon herself to get someone to cover the front desk for her and she drove us in another HI van herself. Also I forgot to bring a bottle opener as I was celebrating a special occasion and another staff member dropped what he was doing just to bring a bottle opener up to my room. Excellent customer service. Holiday Inn (HI) Downtown Long Beach should give Temo & Janet a raise.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BluntHonesty
James M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Long Beach (Dwtn Area), responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Blunthonestly, Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor. It is so great to hear that you enjoyed the customer service you recevied while staying here. 100% guest satisfaction is our number one priority and it is so validating to read reviews like this. We are so lucky to have staff members like Jannett and Temo that recognize that our guests always come first, no matter what else we have going on. They live and breathe our service principals and I cannot wait to share this review with them and our team. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us for your time to Catalina and Long Beach, we hope to see you again if your travels bring you back this way.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 30, 2014

i was there in late may for a convention. the hotel staff were amazing. the hotel also offers a shuttle service which is awesome and very helpful.

the rooms were decent...seemed a little outdated but didn't bother me that much.

what i didn't like at all was the breakfast policy. most holiday inn's have a buffet breakfast. this one doesn't. they have a terrible breakfast policy. they give you 1 entrée and 1 coffee only. juice and other beverages are extra. this was not explained to me and is not posted on the website.

i would not recommend the breakfast package.

Room Tip: get rooms on high floors to avoid the noise
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mustaali K
Mustaali, Thank you so much for review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the shuttle service and our wonderful staff. I do apologize for any misunderstandings or miscommunications about our breakfast included rate. We offer a rate that includes breakfast for two and actually have a great offering compared to most other hotels that include breakfast. We open up the menu so that you are able to order anything you like and it is prepared fresh for you. We offer juice or coffee with breakfast, the only thing that is not available with that rate would be our specialty coffees. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, we certainly hope that you would consider staying with us again should your travels bring you back to Long Beach.
Merced, California
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Upon arrival there was construction going on in the front of the hotel. The lobby was very clean and nicelyrics decorated in the lounge area. The hallways leading up to our room were clean. Our room furniture was all scuffed up and wasn't too pleasing. The beds were very comfortable and I slept very well. Our room faced the residential area, and it was a very poverty strike neighborhood. The vanity area was OK. The bathroom was separate and very spacious area but nothing fancy. We were satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed June 2014
babysnoopy154400wsh, Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you enjoyed our new lobby. It is so exciting to welcome our guests in our brand new, stylish interactive lobby. It's also great to have finished with all of the construction so that we can focus now on providing a great experience for our guests. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us for your time here in Long Beach.
San Diego
Reviewed June 27, 2014

My husband and I wanted to extend our romantic getaway so we booked a room at holiday inn long beach downtown. The area was very shady but the hotel itself was clean except our bed. When we went to turn down our bed the fitted sheet was stained with syrup and a piece of butter was smeared on the sheet. I called the front desk they immediately offered us another room or to change our sheets . They took care of it. The staff is amazing very friendly and helpful. The restaurant food quality and service is awesome. Other than the sheet mishap the overall quality and customer service is outstanding. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
Chozengirl1432, Thank you so much for reviewing our property on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to hear that my staff was able to quickly resolve the issue you had with your sheets, I can't imagine that we missed something like that on our sheets. It is a reminder just how careful and attentive we need to be as we strive for 100% guest satisfaction. I am so happy to hear that you were able to try out our restaurant and enjoyed the experience there as well. We certainly hope that should you and your husband have an oppurtunity for another romantic getaway that you will keep us and Long Beach in mind. Thank you again for staying with us.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We were in Nevada when we decided out of the blue to head to long Beach, California.
I like staying at Holiday Inn Hotels even of some stays are not perfect.
We drove up to this location since it was close to the Pike and Beach. We did not book a room beforehand which made me nervous but after driving for 6 hours all that I wanted to do was get a room, shower and sleep.
As soon as we walked in I was impressed! VERY CLEAN and MODERN!
If you have read my reviews you know that I am a clean freak, this was very clean!
We were greated at the deont desk by a very nice and respectful clerk who got us a room right away. We were i formed of the complimentary shuttle that could take us anywhere and pick us up within a 5 mile radios for free and about the on site laundry facility.
We upgraded to a deluxe room since it came with a fridge and microwave.
We went up to our room and the halls and elavators along with the lower parking garage were so clean!
We got to our room and I was SO happy! It was spotless! I mean clean! It looked clean, smelled clean and was CLEAN!
Everything from the refridgerator and microwave was spotless! The fridge was big and not like the mini fridge Circus Circus charged us $17.00 for per night.
The bathroom was spotless which is huge when you travel especially with kids.
Beds were very comfy and we even had extra pillows in our room already when we came in. Four big fluffy pillows per bed along with the two extra!
The pool there was nice and was usually empty which we loved since we spent a whole afternoon swimming. The pool isn't that big if there were to be more people but the hot tub and nearby bathrooms along with the soda vending machine made it perdect for us.
I can't express how very clean and nice everyone was. We felt like we were at home. Evryone from the maids on up were so polite and reapectful!
I LOVED THIS PLACE!
I highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: I loved it here but would ask for a room away from the pool since the room windows on that side over...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mommyDM
James M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Long Beach (Dwtn Area), responded to this review, June 28, 2014
MommyDM, Thank you so much for your glowing review of our hotel. You pointed some of the aspects that we take so much pride in like clean, comfortable accomodations and friendly, courteous guest service from all of our staff. I am so glad that you had a great stay with us and certainly hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Long Beach, thank you again for staying with us.