“Stay here for Business or for early flight”

Long Beach Marriott
Ranked #16 of 55 Hotels in Long Beach
New York City, New York
“Stay here for Business or for early flight”
Reviewed March 28, 2010

Very average airport hotel. Has a shuttle that runs from 5am-midnight. Runs on demand so you don't have to wait every hour to go which is nice. The property is so close to the Airport that I could see it from the runway.

If you are going here for leisure or vacation, you are out of your mind. It's solely a business/airport hotel of the standard Marriott quality. Great staff, nice people. I enjoyed watching people sing and dance at the karaoke bar (which is every Friday night I guess).

Get a good night's sleep and enjoy this hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Turkish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed March 7, 2010

I chose this hotel because while I arrived via LAX my daughter was arriving in LGB in the evening. I had a few errands to run and selected this hotel b/c they offered transportation within a 3 miles radius. There was a Wine Shop I wanted to shop and attend a wine tasting activity. I was told by a few of the staff that although they had specific times for the shuttle, they could take me "now" but when I approached the bell caps, they told me no, I had to come at the specific time. I returned at that time and when I provided the info on where I wanted to go, they said that is too far, probably about 3.2 miles. I debated this, as I did googlemap it. The bell cap pulled a web device out of his pocket and ran the address 2.6 miles. he still said he wasn't sure and would ask. I asked the front desk what the issue was. they eventually became accomodating and took me, but overall, I've found the staff horrible especially the bell caps. Also, when I arrived via taxi, I had two large suitcases and a carryon that the bell caps watched me manuer from inside the hotel. when I got thru the doors, they asked if I needed help? At that point???? please.

• Stayed March 2010
seattle
Reviewed January 1, 2010

We stayed here one night (New Years Eve) before a cruise. The property is lovely, pool area with waterfalls and fire ring a delight and the room clean, pretty and quiet.

Friendly, gracious staff who were able to fix our small issues promptly and with a smile.

Both dinner and breakfast were well cooked and reasonably priced,

If you want to be near the airport this is a great location. If you want to be in the center of Long Beach this is @$25 cab ride away.

This is a large upscale property with lots of marble, varying levels and not right for roughhousing or unmonitored children,

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed December 14, 2009

First off the hotel rooms were good, the guy working at starbucks was good, and the restaurant staff was good. This is about it for this hotel. On 3 occasions I heard the bellman literally reprimand people for various things. First my son was carefully playing with little pebbles in a dish on the table. He came over and told us that he couldn't do that. After we had returned from a wedding and had our painful high heel shoes in hand he told us that we had to put them on. We were all trying to take a picture with a fake santa and moved it slightly so we could all fit together with him. The bellman yet again made a big stink saying "Did you move that santa????" On and on.

Here is the unsafe bit. During our stay the pool access door had NO LOCK. Since the pool door is part of the lobby, that means any toddler or other small child could easily wander into the pool. The other unsafe bit was the faulty elevator that jumped a foot or two when the door opened. When we told the front desk about this they did absolutely nothing and left the elevator in use. It should have been shut down until it was fixed.

BTW the hot tub was colder than the pool, the workout equipment was 20-40 years old. My father in law said the same pieces were used in his highschool.. He graduated in 69'. For the money I would stay at the Westin which is miles ahead of this hotel and cheaper when you priceline it.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank shakakan
Naugatuck, Connecticut
Reviewed October 6, 2009

Nice pool, nice setup. Ask for a room in the new wing though!

Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Irvine, CA
Reviewed August 2, 2009

This property is in the process of getting much needed face-lift. The rooms are small, and 'popcorn' ceilings, just a basic place to crash while on business in the area. The concierge lounge is very nice and had great drink selections and snacks. I arrived a bit late in the evening (just before the lounge closed) and they were very accommodating at getting some snacks back out for me and a few drinks. Good quality room service. I think after a rennovation to get the place back in this decade, it will be great.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
Richmond, VA
Reviewed May 9, 2009

I stayed for a week in April while working in Seal Beach. The hotel was better than expected to be a level 3 Marriott. The concierge lounge was nice also. I plan to be back and stay here while visiting family.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business