“Wonderful hotel and value”

Long Beach Marriott
Ranked #16 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed May 4, 2014

This is a great hotel in every aspect, design, comfort, location, friendly, professional staff. It made stressful traveling a pleasure. I was given an early check-in in a very quiet room. The price of the room was very economical for what you get. My bed was ultra comfortable. The lobby area is renovated with an awesome fitness room with an indoor pool, coffee bar and two restaurants. The outdoor pool and grounds are beautiful. There is free parking. Very close to airport, but the rooms are silent, you don't hear anything. I will definitely stay here again next time I visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank PortlandVis
Art R, Director of Sales at Long Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Thank you for your comments. We look forward to your return trip in the very near future.

There are newer reviews for Long Beach Marriott

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I stayed here one night at the end of Feb'14 while on a business trip. I was pleasantly surprised by the nice location, contrary to what one would expect for an airport hotel. I did not here any airplane noise, had very peaceful night. The next morning in rushing for a meeting, I left my Nook, the eBook reader in the room. I did not realize that it was left behind until a couple of days later, on my way back to airport. When I returned back home to East coast, a message was waiting for me on the answering machine from the hotel to call back and confirm identity of the item. It took a few calls to confirm my home address because of non-native English speakers in the lost and found department but I did receive my beloved nook back in a couple of weeks. I did speak to Riccardo, Glenda, and many more in the process (sorry, can't remember everyone's names), all very polite and patient. I definitely recommend Longbeach Marriott and will gladly return in future.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DivyangUSA
Art R, Director of Sales at Long Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you for your kind comments.
Your feedback has been forwarded to our Front Desk & Housekepping Departments. We do acknowledge our Associates for going above & below their duties. We look forward to seeing you once again in the very near future.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed at the Long Beach Marriott for 4 nights in February. Every single staff member I came into contact with was extremely friendly, professional and helpful. I simply cannot say enough about the level of service at this hotel. The fitness center was excellent - large and clean and modern. The breakfast buffet, while a bit pricey, was wonderful - a large assortment of options including made-to-order omelets and waffles. I was not super impressed with the room itself - compared to the rest of the hotel, it seemed a bit shabby and out of date. The bed was not all that comfortable and the temperature control in the room was ancient and nearly impossible to adjust. However, it was decent enough and the level of service at this hotel would be enough for me to return.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jennifer K
Art R, Director of Sales at Long Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for your feedback.

I have forwarded your comments to our front office staff to encourage them to continue the excellent work and to Housekeeping & Engineering Departments for keep an eye on our soft & hard goods to ensure that they are to our guests standards.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I really didn't want to enjoy my stay at the Long Beach Marriott. In fact, I was nursing a bad attitude when I drove in to the parking lot. Not sure why. I'm funny like that sometimes.

But I did enjoy my stay. And my bad attitude was adjusted (and without the application of alcohol!) shortly after arrival To be honest, this was one of the most pleasurable hotel stays I've had in a long time.

In summary form, here are the great things about the Long Beach Marriott:

- Excellent, professional, pleasant staff...everywhere.
- Free parking. Yes! Thank you!
- Free (slower speed) Internet. Fee for higher speeds.
- Mini refrigerator in room. I can chill my bottled water!
- Room windows that partially open. Fresh air!
- Clean, comfortable, well-appointed rooms.
- Nice restaurant, great coffee and service, and breakfast buffet.

Right from the pleasant greeting and welcome when I checked in, to the departure wave, it was a good stay. And if you're looking for a hotel that is convenient to Long Beach Airport (LGB), this place is within walking distance! (But if you walk, please don't try to cut across runway 30 or 25L. Airport security has no sense of humor.....) And it is a few minute drive to get to downtown Long Beach and Ocean Boulevard.

This is the place to stay if your travels take you to Long Beach, or even The OC. You're right next to the San Diego Freeway (405), so you can get anyplace (Los Angeles traffic permitting, of course).

Check out this place. I know I'll be back. And I know I'll have a wonderful stay. I'm funny like that. Not sure why....

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Art R, Director of Sales at Long Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you for making our day!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

If you are looking to sleep in the lobby, this hotel is great. I stayed in room 338 first week in Feb. and the room was horrible. Door to bathroom didn't close, paint stains on floor, and just dirty. I called to complain but the room manager never called back. I would never stay at this facility again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Lee B

We appreciate your feedback and for being specific on the room you have stayed in.

I have forwarded your comments to our Directors of Housekeeping and Engineering. We will place the room out of service and make the necessary repairs needed to ensure that it is to the standards that we expect.

We hope you would give us another try next time you are in the area.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I stayed recently at this hotel and my stay was very good. the lobby is very nice, pool area and the room was very spacious. I love the fact that they do have starbucks onsite, loved the heated pool area. staff were very friendly and helpful at all times. the hotel has plenty of parking space and is very close to the 405 freeway and close by other near attractions.
I read some negative reviews, but I honestly did not experience any, in the contrary it was all positive.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fervijeeo
Art R, Director of Sales at Long Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to be the very best!

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

The Marriott Long Beach is a very nice hotel but plagued with problems. Although it has a 4 star pool and 5 star gym facility it has major presentation problems in the area of staffing and restaurants. The staff seems very green and through out my stay I was asked the same question multiple times and then again by a different person. It took no less than five people to order my room service on a phone switch board that is dated and non functional. The restaurants which there are two of. A dive bar witch is black dark rundown with worn leather seating and questionable sanitation issues to a more airy light dining area with out door seating but a non creative boarding menu. This property has the potential to be great but with the staffing issues and cheap furnishing it leaves room for more to be desired...

Hotel rooms are clean with comfortable beds but they are dark with little light. All windows are screwed shut so the opportunity for fresh air is not an option.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Art R, Director of Sales at Long Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

We appreciate your feedback.

My sincere apologies for not meeting your standards. We have met with the appropriate Department and Associates to prevent these situations to happen again.

We pride in providing excellent service to our guests.